JX35 - Adding Heated Steering Wheel & Remote Start?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
olson2cm
Car: 08 G37s
06 Nissan Quest SE

Hi All -

In the process of picking up a JX35 this Saturday, which we are very excited about. All in all - it has a ton of option packages (Premium, Touring, Theater, Tow) but there are two features that were tied to the technology package (which makes no sense) that we really wanted:
1) Heated Steering Wheel
2) Remote Start

For #1:
In looking online, I see some posts on eBay for "Wheat" Infiniti Steering Wheels that are reasonably priced, as well as the heated wheel button for the dash. My big question is ... Does anyone know if the necessary wiring is already in the vehicle both behind the dash and in the Steering Column where adding those two items would be plug and play?

For #2: I know I would need both the remote start module as well as different FOBs that have the extra button - but is it possible to find these OEM where they are plug and play - or is there more involved? I installed many an aftermarket remote start years ago and although great, were always a hack job. But - if it's as simple as plugging in the right module and swapping out FOBs, I'll put in the effort to source them from a junker or NOS OEM source online.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can share some insight they may have already learned!

silviaguys14
Car: Current:
2013 JX35
Past"
1997 240sx
2002 Maxima
1994 Sentra SE-R

Hello, new to the JX35 Club. I can tell you that from what I was told by the dealer (when I got mine) is all the JX35 came with the remote starter they just had to swap out your fob and program for it. They charged me $200 to do this and now I have remote starter on my JX35.

On a side note I love to find out about the heated steering wheel. As I like to add this to my car. I was hoping all it is just to buy the switch and the steering wheel with the heating built in I should be all good. If someone can confirm that would be great! :yesnod

olson2cm
Car: 08 G37s
06 Nissan Quest SE

Thanks - interesting on the remote start - will have to look into that.

Any other insight on the heated steering wheel? Haven't had a chance to take things apart to see what's there, and definitely didn't want to buy the wheel and switch until I knew it was doable.

silviaguys14
2013 JX35
Past"
1997 240sx
2002 Maxima
1994 Sentra SE-R

So this past weekend I took my JX35 in for its 30,000 mile service (Although I only have 26,000miles on it) I got a loaner which was a 2014 QX60 which had a leather wrap wheel. My wife loved it so I have gone to ebay and found a heated leather wrapped wheel and I'll swap that out. I am now looking to see if the clock spring is the same or if I need a different one. If they are the same then I'll just swap out the wheel and make the wife happy. To make me happy then I'll look behind the panel and see if the plug for the heated steering wheel switch is there. If so then I'll pick that up also. and try it out. I think the switch on ebay is about $14.99.

silviaguys14
2013 JX35
Past"
1997 240sx
2002 Maxima
1994 Sentra SE-R

Also, found out there is a relay that needs to be either one added I'm guessing its not there.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/JX/2013%20JX/ST.pdf

So it won't be just buying a switch ONLY deal. Might have to buy the relay also. Then I can tell the dealer "Hey my heated steering wheel isn't working" since I am under the factory warr. They should look at it and might have to reprogram my ECU to turn this on :D I'll update as I get closer.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”