JX-35 (2013) Blower Motor Resistor (Power Module)

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
scottcycle
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe

I am attempting to replace the blower motor resistor on my wife's 2013 JX-35. I have the glove box off and can access the blower motor, but do not find the resistor. Can anyone tell me where it is or provide a drawing/picture? I assumed it would be right next to the blower motor....

Cmoore
Car: 2018 QX60

Have you taken the blower motor out? I think it's just a few screws to remove it and that might give you a better view and help locate the resistor. I agree that it should be close by.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi Scott...if you look in my signature, you will find the FAQ/HowTo's for this model which has a link to the FSM's for this vehicle. This may help you find the resistor.

scottcycle

Thx Cmoore and Ilya. I thought of taking the motor out, but did not want to do so if it is somewhere completely separate in the vehicle. I will also take a look at the FAQ/HowTo's and the FSM's. I tried that from another topic/string and came up with a couple of diagrams/drawings that were difficult to read and/or see locations. I did not recognize the parts/systems being shown.

scottcycle

And...it is shown in the HAC.pdf section of the FSM--I looked at the 2014 version since it is likely closest to my 2013. My problem is the rear blower. I assumed there was one blower (behind the glove box, for which the resistor/power module remains a mystery), but there are two (or three total, which I need to figure out since there are two rear blower motor resistors in the FSM). It appears I have quite a bit of work to do to get to it under the center console and maybe a different resistor to buy. C'est la vie. Anyway thanks for the help and I may be back with more technical follow up questions.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

scottcycle wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm
And...it is shown in the HAC.pdf section of the FSM--I looked at the 2014 version since it is likely closest to my 2013. My problem is the rear blower. I assumed there was one blower (behind the glove box, for which the resistor/power module remains a mystery), but there are two (or three total, which I need to figure out since there are two rear blower motor resistors in the FSM). It appears I have quite a bit of work to do to get to it under the center console and maybe a different resistor to buy. C'est la vie. Anyway thanks for the help and I may be back with more technical follow up questions.
We'll do our best to help but if it ends up that you are a pioneer in this repair, please don't forget to come back and 'close out the ticket' and help the next chap or chapette. Thanks!

scottcycle

I have gone through the manuals (it takes four FSM sections: remove the center console IP-18; remove the shift selector handle TM-188 steps 1-5; remove the blower motor VTL-20; and finally remove and replace resistor 1 HAC-174 with a diagram on HAC-15). I am satisfied with the responses and very much appreciate the help. I just need to do the work, while I consider the issue I requested help on--locating the resistor--closed. Do I need to do anything else to 'close out the ticket'?

Ilya

scottcycle wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:12 am
I have gone through the manuals (it takes four FSM sections: remove the center console IP-18; remove the shift selector handle TM-188 steps 1-5; remove the blower motor VTL-20; and finally remove and replace resistor 1 HAC-174 with a diagram on HAC-15). I am satisfied with the responses and very much appreciate the help. I just need to do the work, while I consider the issue I requested help on--locating the resistor--closed. Do I need to do anything else to 'close out the ticket'?
Nope, that post alone should steer most people to their own resolutions if they come across this issue.

If you wanted to get real fancy, you could use one of my HowTo's as a template and write one for this issue.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”