JWT TCM info that goes against popular belief

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

A while ago you may remember that I had installed my JWT TCM and started a thread about how my shift seemed more exaggerated then expected and that it held higher rpms longer than expected. I had expected a little of both issues, but what I wrote about was that it "seemed" something was wrong and there was an additional problem.

Well, eventhough every single thread I read about the JWT TCM mentioned a harder shift and longer shift points along with higher RPM shifts at WOT, I have found that the harder shift is non existant with my JWT TCM at this point. Responses to that thread all told me what I was experiencing was "normal" when concerning that jerky shift.

I'm hear to tell you that my JWT TCM does not cause any hard shifts at all while starting in 1st gear going up into Drive at WOT or otherwise. The promblem that I experienced was a TPS sensor that was going bad. Since I've returned from ST.Louis and put that JWT TCM back into my car and researched more I've found that the TPS sensor can work making you think it's just fine and still cause this hard jerking shift when sending signals to a JWT TCM.

Jesda drove for days with this JWT TCM in his car and it was "smooth as Butter" as he put it and since I've returned it to my car I say the same. I don't have any hard shifts at all since my new TPS sensor was put in, so this leads me to a question. Why do all these people who have the JWT TCM have a hard shift if Jesda and I haven't? When combined with the JWT ECU I know the WOT shift is held even longer up to 7200 rpms, but what gives? I'm waiting for my JWT ECU to get back from JWT, but have to say I like the JWT TCM and go as far as saying where did this hard shift stuff come from? Could installing it mess with the TPS and cause some issue or something?

Please chime in if you have the JWT TCM and talk about your shifts as not hard, hard or very hard. If you do have a hard shift is there any way for you to check a consult to check codes? Mine was throwing a TPS code.

redCOUPLE OF MONTHS AWAY FROM BEING VERY HAPPY!!

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

bump

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”