JWT-Popcharger and Z-tube Installed

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I just installed the JWT-popcharger and the Z-tube on my coupe. They were very easy to install, took about an hour, but I took my time with it. The hardest part of the entire install was putting the weather stripping around the heat shield.

I can feel a slight gain, but it is nothing too drastic. I haven't reset my ECU yet, but I probably will in a couple days. The biggest difference is the sound. There is a much throatier growl when you go through WOT. You also get a nice little whistle reminiscent of forced induction. The sound is great and makes the install worth it in my opinion.

I think that this is a really good option to have besides the Injen and Stillen CAI. The Injen and Stillen will yield a slight more increase in power than the popcharger/ztube, but the Injen and Stillen also costs about $100 more than the popcharger/z-tube. Another advantage of the popcharger/z-tube is the ease of install and maintance. There is no crawling under the car and removing the wheel and wheel well to install and change the filter.

Ryan

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”