JWT Clutch and Flywheel

Member area: Post up your ride and the modifications to date
Alteus
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Infinti G35 Coupe

Type: Both clutch and flywheelBrand: Jim Wolf Technology

Models: They only make one. Part number L3503-NC000 for the clutch and L3503-NF000 for the flywheel

Pros: Noticeably quicker revs and acceleration, better engine braking. Maybe as much as 40-50% quicker than stock. Rides pretty much the same as OEM.

Cons: A bit tricky to engage properly for comfortable daily driving, especially from a stop and from first to second. I have to slip it a lot, the engagement point is about halfway out, but it seems to fully engage only at the last minute. Could just need an adjustment, though.

Comments: Much different feel from the stock clutch, which is too mushy and not responsive enough for my taste. You can also feel vibration in the clutch pedal more. Of course there is a bit more noise below 2000 RPM, typical of aftermarket clutch / flywheel combos. I'd say it's a good choice for a street car that sees some autocross / track use, or for someone who wants a bit stiffer clamping force, though I have not tracked my car. I'm not sure how much HP / Torque this combo can reliably take but I've heard they are quite durable. Infiniti mechanic said it would last longer than stock! Overall I'm satisfied and I think this combo is well worth the money.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.c...D=454

aris_unlimited
Car: 1998 Ford F150 4.6L 5 speed. Edge programmer, 2" lift, 35" tires.

I just installed the JWT clutch/flywheel package on my 350z. I was curious what you thought about pedal pressure? On mine it seems to be almost non-existant and it is not a comfortable feeling. So I was wondering if all of them are like this or if mine was installed improperly.

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

What were the associated costs?

Sounds like you need an adjustment.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

JWT designs their pressure plates so that they have a stronger grip but equal or lighter pedal feel than stock. They do this by changing the fulcrum point on the pressure plate springs. It's counter-intuitive, but it keeps people from complaining that the pedal is too stiff when upgrading the clutch. They are the only clutch manufacturer I know that does this.

Return to “G35 and G37 Modification database”