Just wanted everyone to know that powered by max coilovers suck

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
DarkSlide77
Car: S13 coupe 1993

I spent 1500 dollars for pbm pros coils and it came with 2 different length dampers. One of them is so damn short. The ride is also terrible and makes the car handle horribly at speeds over 50mph.

I called and asked them why they sent me two different sizes and asked if I could send it back, pay for the shipping and they can send me the right length. They said they wouldn't because their coilovers aren't meant for performance but only so that the car can get the "slammed look" if I had known that I'd just buy the cheapest pieces of crap to lower it.

So there you have it folks....straight from the horses mouth. pbm coilovers aren't meant for drifting. I bought them for performance so I guess I'm just out 1500 bones. I'll prolly go for stance or maybe even zeal someday.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

F-That! Performance schmerformance. Sheet has to be at least functional. Wrong parts don't count. Did the dampers have different part numbers stamped on them? Maybe send the garbage back and create a dispute with your credit card company. Or get back to them and get escalated. Surely you didn't stop with the first person who answers the phone right? You need the owner or manager. This frustrates me. Keep us posted please.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Can you take some pictures of the different lengths?
That's really bad if they are charging $1500 just to drop the car. Racelands will do that, and by the sounds of it, handle a lot better.

DarkSlide77

This was my first set of coils I bought. I've already mounted them. I can show some pics there but that's it. Honestly gents.....I'm just gonna take a loss on it because every time I called I only got the same guy. It sounded like he was making himself dinner which tells me they're just running it outta their garage. It looked like quality but they're just small time. The dampers were about 4 inches in difference from what I remember. Their other parts may be quality but not their coils. The rears are so low that I only have about 3 or 4 threads on them so it can be NEAR the fronts. In order to have the fronts the same length I'll prolly have to fabricate some tubs so it won't scrape when I drift.

DarkSlide77

I don't recall of they were had different numbers stamped on them but I do believe I was talking to the owner. He said it was him and only one other guy. Maybe he was lying but all I know is these guys sounded shady. Wouldn't do business with them ever in the future

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Some really great companies started in a garage... and bands to! But not by producing inferior products. Thanks for the word on the company. If you get a work around fabbed up, we'd be interested to see. I'm sorry about your setback and glad you're able to move forward. I've always coveted the Ground control coilover setups for the 240s... Best of luck!

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

I will say their control arms are crap as well. Their adjusters suck (clumsy and over-complicated) and adjustment ranges were all wrong (I couldn't even get more than -.5° camber in the rear).

Dbarry
Car: Nissan 240SX

Ohh too bad to hear about the under quality stuff and poor customer service.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”