Just upgraded my EX35 to a QX50!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

I loved my 2008 EX35 so much I decided to upgrade to a newer model: 2014 QX50. Same color and everything. I think it may not be a Journey because it's missing seat memory and lumbar support, but I'm really enjoying the updated UI and Nav with cameras and DVD player. I also like the roof rack, 25hp more, 2 extra gears (the mpg is much improved!), and 1 inch larger wheels. I've already tinted the windows and I am looking to do the nav lockout bypass next for the camera and DVD function while in motion.

Old next to the new:

CDNicecube
Car: 2010 EX35 Journey+Tech+Navi

Congrats! That is brand loyalty. What mileage did your 2008 had, and what was the trading $. If not indiscret for me to ask ?

Teknical

Is this the stock spare tire for the QX50? On my EX35 it was like a black spoked alloy rim.

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

This is what my 08 has...

Sub-woofer installed...

Sub-woofer removed...

Spare removed from the car...

Teknical

Can anyone else please weigh in if they have the "sport rim" like EXceptional or the doughnut like mine? Maybe it has to do with the trip or year?

Bocatrip

I never looked at mine. Will post back after I check. BTW......sorry for being so naive, but what is the Bose with the plug in on the spare? A subwoofer?

Chelsea John
Car: EX35

EX 2011 and have the ugly all black rim. Had the unfortuate circumstance to have to use it last year.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

I know we all love our vehicles and love to obsess over them even more, but I personally would think that a detail like the style of the wheel on the temporary spare would be one of the least of my worries. Whether or not it's the alloy or steel rim, the donut spare never looks good when mounted on a corner and will be mismatched from the other 3 wheels. I'd be more concerned about having the car reach its destination safely and getting the regular rim back on with a working tire.

Just enjoy the other updates you get with having a newer model. :cool:

P.S. Actually, be happy that you still have a temporary spare included with the vehicle. Other manufacturers are starting to make them "optional" equipment, or are phasing them out entirely.

Bocatrip

NJGuy wrote:I know we all love our vehicles and love to obsess over them even more, but I personally would think that a detail like the style of the wheel on the temporary spare would be one of the least of my worries. Whether or not it's the alloy or steel rim, the donut spare never looks good when mounted on a corner and will be mismatched from the other 3 wheels. I'd be more concerned about having the car reach its destination safely and getting the regular rim back on with a working tire.

Just enjoy the other updates you get with having a newer model. :cool:

P.S. Actually, be happy that you still have a temporary spare included with the vehicle. Other manufacturers are starting to make them "optional" equipment, or are phasing them out entirely.
Hopefully the luxury brands will be the last to remove the spare donut. I still appreciate having a full size spare on my LS430 (original new spare) and my recently traded in 06 G35. I never used either one for the life of ownership (lucky me). It's insane to depend upon a can of tire inflator when I have a flat on the side of a highway. Not acceptable for a luxury brand.

piSSko
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD

I love my ex35, was thinking the same to upgrade the year... have no navi in mine, but honestly don't need it, have a navi on my phone, not going out of Canada regarding spending extra for cellphone data.

The only thing what moved me away of an upgrade is that they look exactly the same. 2017 model looks different, but everything before is very very similar from outside and same from the inside. Yes 2 more gears I guess, improves a milage but cause of that not planing to switch. Maybe once 2020 comes will swap for 2017 or 2018 model :) :)

Teknical

piSSko wrote: 2017 model looks different, but everything before is very very similar from outside and same from the inside. Yes 2 more gears I guess, improves a milage but cause of that not planing to switch. Maybe once 2020 comes will swap for 2017 or 2018 model :) :)
The only thing that looks different on the latest body changes are the rear bumper, front bumper, and grill. It looks like these would fit on as direct replacements too! Here's my 2014 next to a newer year:

So if you needed a new bumper for some reason, you could end up with an updated look.

Bocatrip

Generally speaking when there is a refresh, it's not as easy as remove and replace with updated parts.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”