just took out my rocker arms, LOOOK!!!!!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
driftiteasy0113
Car: SR PIGNOOOZZZE

hey so i just took out my rocker arms and i was wondering how you bleed the lifters inside the rocker arms.in order to bleed them do you have to remove them from the rocker arms?if so how do you remove them? some of them are super stiff and some of them are moveable. how do you know if you need new ones? these are out of my car and need them back in pretty quick so please any help is appreciated thanks guys

driftiteasy0113

bump peoplz

Razi
Car: Moo

Someone help him!!!

240sxvaj
Car: 1991 240sx fastback KA-T- SOLD!
1994 MKIV TT-Daily/Track

driftiteasy0113 wrote:hey so i just took out my rocker arms and i was wondering how you bleed the lifters inside the rocker arms.in order to bleed them do you have to remove them from the rocker arms?if so how do you remove them? some of them are super stiff and some of them are moveable. how do you know if you need new ones? these are out of my car and need them back in pretty quick so please any help is appreciated thanks guys
if you didnt know what to do then dont touch it in the first place

or you can just SEARCH!

driftiteasy0113

i have SEARCHED, cant find what i need

TDS
Car: 2008 G35

Check the tech pages under "KA24E Ticking Lifters Repair" and you'll find the writeup.

driftiteasy0113

i did, i have been trying to get the snap rings out of the rocker arms from the lifters seriously for like 3 hours. i need help,getting way frusturated..how did you guys do this? any special tool or technique or something??

driftiteasy0113

bump

driftiteasy0113

98 views and no one can help me?

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

we cant help you couse we cant see your issue...post some pics so we can see the condition of your motor/head..and then we can get to the bottom of it..allso..point out your issue in a pic..might jar some memory's

xckid
Car: 2004 Chevy Blazer ZR2

snap rings are always a pain to get out their never easy just keep trying after that they should come apart

spank044
Car: 1992 240sx with a Supercharged 350Z VQ for a HEART!

The lifters are hydraulic which means oil pressure actually automatically controls the valve lash so you don't. The lifters should move freely and not sticks. There is no bleeding required, once the oil pressure builds up it goes through the ports. Once your lifters start ticking it one of two reasons. First they are worn and you need new rockers and poppets. Two they are seize and need to be polished with a wire wheel and a sanding barrel on the lifter.

driftiteasy0113

oh so the ones that do move freely are the good ones???and the stiff ones are just siezed?hmm,did not know that

killrroy
Car: 92 nissan pu ka24e

did the rebuild of lifters took everything aparts did seefome every lil thing.. but once there stuck thay stick agin. better to just replace that go thre the time to fix it for a few week or days. in my case as soon as i touched the gas the lifter locked up agin and its realy loude. is ther another eng. or car with that same eng. i can use rockers off of. i also here u can use ajustable rocker arm. not sure where to find or if thats even true..also i would like to know from what year to what year the motors are the same . most helpfull in finding used parts from other motors.. hope some help is here and hope ive helped some one else in any of this.

killrroy

also i think this is the ajustable rockers but .specs will be needed . may be a better way of handeling the problem permanitly

killrroy

Malcolm Garrett Racing Engines (MGRE) located here in my home state, offer the conversion. I need to drive over there sometime to have my stock hydraulic core arms done. Basically, its more machine work and probably some welding. RealNissan sold "universal" or adjustable solid arms to work with any spec cam you were going to use. MGRE has 26 different grinds for the KA24E, so they will need to know the exact spec of the camshaft you plan to use to match to correct solid rockers arms to sell you. They also offer racing valve springs and retainers. Malcolm Garrett Jr runs the place.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”