Just say no to Nissan

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
nissan-not
Car: Nissan Versa 2015

I purchased a 2015 Versa. After 3 months the front driver side door received a glancing blow in a parking lot. An infinitesimal paint chip started rusting in a few days.

Then fairly far away a few months later, something came from inside the rear driver' side door and started bubbling out. A small crack in the paint appeared and it rusted in a few days.

First of all, I've had Hondas before and it can take years before they rust. There are certain rust retardant approaches which most manufacturers use, which apparently Nissan does not.

So then I see a White Plains dealer. The guy who ran the place was some sort of manipulative head game player. I just waled out. He chased me down and decided to set up an appointment for Nissan to look at it under warranty. He calls me during a work emergency and refuses to get off the phone. I just about hung up on him. Then he stands me up on the appointment. After a second dealer, a call to Nissan directly and a third dealer, the truth was explained to me.

Nissan doesn't recognize the problem, therefore they will not stand by their warranty. Instead, they pay their people to insult their customers by making up absurd explanations for some other cause, such as the dent that was 2-3 feet away rippled across the car, over the gap between the doors and created a single point like out-dent that then rusted through. The first dealer knew Nissan would not come and stood me up on purpose.

Bottom line, no apologies for grotesquely unprofessional behavior and "what - we have a warranty?" Don't trust these people with your next car purchase!

Return to “Versa General Chat”