Just purchased an Altima Coupe 3.5SE

All things Altima Coupe.
M1ke323
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

I just purchased an Altima Coupe 3.5SE in Dark Slate loaded with everything but the technology package. The color looks really sharp in person, think BMW Space Gray but quite a bit darker. I don't have pictures of it yet because they have to make some finishing touches to it (auto armor spraying and detailing), it just rolled off the truck Friday. Oh, and I talked the dealer down $1,800 below msrp.

I pick up the car tomorrow are 5:00 after work and will try to get some picks asap if people are interested?
Modified by M1ke323 at 1:03 PM 6/3/2007

toxik
Car: 09 Pearl White 370z

Sure pics would be nice but my local dealer actually has that same car and it looked nice in person. I still have yet to see anyone with a super black one which is what I really wanna see

Carlosf22
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s Black

I would like to get mine Dark Slate too so post pictures, how were you able to get the $1800 off?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Mike, I think you're our first!!!

Welcome aboard, pics would be awesome!

Let's hear all about it....

hattrix
Car: 2008 Azure Blue 3.5 Altima Coupe

AZ,

Not that it matters to me, but I think I was actually the first to post pics in the forum a week ago. I don't really care because I know how great this car is and want everyone to get one and enjoy it. First, last, doesn't matter. Just get this car. It is awesome.

M1ke323

To answer CarlosF22's question, I didn't really talk him down at all. All I did was say "Is the sticker price the best you can do?" and then he immediately said no, I can do $1,700 off. When he gave me the sheet with the price quote, he ended up giving me $1,796 off.

The salesman did mention that a lot of other dealers are trying to get sticker price if not more, and that Gandrud is not doing this. Gandrud of Green Bay is where I bought the car.

I pick up the car in an hour and half and I might get pictures up tonight, but it will probably be late like 10:00PM central time if I do.

I also forgot to mention, the car was just rolled off the truck on Friday, and I test drove it Friday and bought it Saturday after I test drove it a second time. Anyways, the dealerships hadn't cleaned it up yet or anything, so they didn't get a chance to put the dealership sticker on the back yet. I asked them if they could leave it off, and to my surprise they had no problem with that. They are also leaving off the front license plate frame, so I don't have holes in my front bumper when I would have taken it off anyways.

hattrix

Mike,

You have no idea how good that is. What they told you is true. Most dealers are marking it up over sticker. In this area, the dealers have been mandated not to go below sticker. That is a rare dealership indeed. Did you get any extras? What was the total price you ended up paying?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

hattrix wrote:AZ,

Not that it matters to me, but I think I was actually the first to post pics in the forum a week ago. I don't really care because I know how great this car is and want everyone to get one and enjoy it. First, last, doesn't matter. Just get this car. It is awesome.
My bad!

Love the car, can't wait to see more of them (and see them start to be modded)!!!

hattrix

Speaking of Mods, I talked to the dealer. They are coming out with a spoiler to fit the coupe. He is getting me one for cost. I will let you know when they get it and send pics once it is on.

eight3six
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL

pics would be great

M1ke323

Well I apologize about the pictures because there was barely any light left by the time I got home. I had to turn the flash off and the picture was blurry without setting up a tripod, anyways, long story short I set the camera on the ground and took the picture. I will get better pictures up asap.

Someone asked about what features the car has. It is a 3.5SE in Dark Slate with the premium package and floor mats. I also got the Auto Armor inside and outside protection at the dealership, as well as a 100,000 mile / 6 year warranty. It is fully loaded except VDC and the tech package. IMO I think Nissan did a poor design job on the tech package, the center dash does not look very refined, almost like the tech package was just thrown in there without much thought.

Edit:Tomorrow I will try to get some proper shots with a tripod. Let me know if you guys want close up's on anything. (eg. The dash, center console, rear bumper, 17" wheels, whatever)

I might even score my buddies 2008 BMW 535XI for a few comparison shots if you guys would like? Not sure I will get those tomorrow though.
Modified by M1ke323 at 8:18 PM 6/4/2007

M1ke323

I snapped a photo just before it was about to rain after work today. So far I have put 100miles on the car in 3 days. I am trying to get past the break in period asap so I can take it on a trip I have planned.

You guys have any questions about it?

Carlosf22

Awsome, I wan't to get mine the same color. A quick review about the car would be good.

slipnfall
Car: '06 D40

Meh, front end looks too much like a 7th gen Accord cpe... but I like the rear: I see ties to the G35 there.

:edit: Don't get me wrong, nice ride to say the least! I wouldn't mind sportin' one. :edit:

M1ke323

It is hard to give a performance review at this time because I am obviously still in the break in period. I have been keeping my rpm's at or below 4500.

The handling of the car is absolutely insane though, I took a clover leaf on ramp at 50-55 and the car felt completely fine doing that (No squealing or body roll). Once I get to know the car's limits I have no doubt I could take a clean and smooth ramp like that at 65-70.

The CVT transmission is now my favorite implementation of an automatic w/ manual shifting. The switch from auto to manual while driving is flawless and smooth.

Also, the car even at low rpm's can really move, from 65 to 100 is just a few seconds and the car is still riding like normal at those speeds.

My ONE complaint is the drivers side blind spot, passenger side is fine. I bought a 2inch round convex mirror at auto zone and stuck it on my drivers side mirror (near the outside of the mirror). I know a lot of people would think this would look dumb, but I am generally extremely picky and this doesn't bother me. The round mirror helps a ton too, I don't even have to head check, just glance and go.

I really enjoy the interior as well, the center console looks very European actually. Nothing really looks cheap except maybe the toggle switches on the door for the windows. The leather is nice and proximety sensor works like a dream.

Overall I am extremely pleased with the car, it is more then I could have hoped for. I can't wait to take this to the track for a little more aggressive driving in a safe environment.

A picture of the front of the car to show it is less like the Accord then you might think.

Modified by M1ke323 at 2:35 AM 6/7/2007

JoeL989

Are there any troublesome blind spots, Mike? (I'm only seventeen so my inexperience will definetely not help me in any situations.. At first I was looking at the 08' Mitsu Eclipse but due to the large blind spots I decided against it.)

M1ke323

M1ke323 wrote:
My ONE complaint is the drivers side blind spot, passenger side is fine. I bought a 2inch round convex mirror at auto zone and stuck it on my drivers side mirror (near the outside of the mirror). I know a lot of people would think this would look dumb, but I am generally extremely picky and this doesn't bother me. The round mirror helps a ton too, I don't even have to head check, just glance and go.

Modified by M1ke323 at 2:35 AM 6/7/2007

hattrix

Mike, I have to concur with you on every point. The CVT is sick. I think it is one of my favorite parts of the car. I too have done the looping on-ramp at 55 and couldn't believe the handling. Mike, YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT ON A TWISTY ROAD!!!! It is the funnest driving experience of my life. As for the blind spot, if you just lean forward and look in your driver mirror, you can pretty much clear any blind spots. I haven't had too much trouble. You really don't see a prob witht the passenger blindspot??? I have had so much trouble with it. That is my only complaint so far. You have hit the nail on the head on the performance. I just rolled over 1000 miles and still have no regrets on this purchase.

dynot

M1ke323 or anyone else....

Out of curiosity, what is that thing on the roof of the car in the back center just before the rear window? Is this for the navigation kit or is it the satellite antenna? How come not all pictures of the coupe have it? If its satellite, doesn't it come standard?

A dealer I asked said it was used for the nav GPS but somehow I got the impression that he didn't know for sure. However, that would explain why some pics have them and others without the nav package don't.

Jaeger
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE 6MT

Congrats! I've been looking forward to some real-world reviews and info on the Coupe. It looks fantastic in that colour. Then again, I like the sedan in about every colour it comes it -chooseing was the hardest part.

Jaeger

Hellngo15
Car: 91 240sx

i like the blue one i glad you like it i hope everyone likes it keeps me working nice to hear good review from real people

Carlosf22

Y
Hellngo15 wrote:i like the blue one i glad you like it i hope everyone likes it keeps me working nice to hear good review from real people
Yeah, day-to-day driver reviews are good, magazines tend to have favorites and don't dive the car everyday, they only get first impressions. If anyone has more to say about the car please post.

hattrix

The item at the rear middle of the roof is the XM satellite antennae. Actually it is the only thing I was annoyed at with the coupe. I have Sirius and wanted an integrated Sirius system. They don't offer it at Nissan. I was bummed. If you get the premium package, you get XM for two months for free. THe best part of that is that it told me that I was glad I got Sirius. I am not a huge fan of XM. I am thinking about having Circuit City run my Sirius Antannae to where the XM one is and using the same cover. For now, I just stick it on the roof. This isn't for the nav system since I don't have the nav. Maybe they wire the nav system into the antennae if you get it. I don't know. I would have to have waited months to get nav and just figured I could get a garmin cheaper. I kind of regret that decision since I have seen the nav now and it looks really nice. Anyway, hope that answers your question Dynot.

DarkBlueSr240

So i have driven the maxima and I think it has terrible torque steer does this ? when you lay into it? I am looking at selling my sr car and subaru for one but I donno yet its so hard to go to fwd.....

timmyt0481
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

I just purchased my Altima Coupe Friday evening! I got it in Super Black and it's the 3.5 SE w/ <all> the goodies; premium trim, technology package (which I love), vehicle dynamic control, etc. I was worried I'd regret this purchase being a new model car and all but after three days of driving (~190 miles so far) I must say it's a great ride; comfy, packed full of goodies, and seems to handle great thus far.

Oh yeah ... I for sure get a lot of looks (and even some screams from little girls!).

I saw some of you were looking for Super Black pictures ... Well here are a few!

mmMmmMMmmm ....

Links:(... various angles and a couple interior shots!)

http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/01.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_ne ... new/03.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/04.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/05.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/06.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/07.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/08.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/09.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/10.jpg http://home.neo.rr.com/ttracy/altima_new/11.jpg

~timmyt0481

hattrix

My girlfriend has the Maxima. She bought it the same day I bought the coupe. I drive it a lot and know what you mean about the steering. NO!! The coupe is nothing like that. You will be amazed at the coupe's handling. It handles like a dream. You will not be disappointed and do not use the Maxima for your comparison. They are not even close.

Hellngo15
Car: 91 240sx

i build these altimas thats why im glad people like em

timmyt0481
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Yes, so far I am absolutely loving it! You guys are doing a darn fine job! I just gotta remember your nickname for whenever I do encounter a problem.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”