Just over 30,000mi. - Check Engine Soon Light :(

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Well, the Check Engine Soon light came on somewhere around 30,175mi. I have an appointment to take my Rogue in tomorrow morning to find out what is going on. I have already checked the gas cap and it's not that. I was wondering if Nissan has the car set to have this light come on to make us come in for 30,000 Mile Service. I am afraid they will force me to get the service done and I just don't have the money for it at this time. Has anyone else had the CES Light come on for anything but the gas cap?

I have 6 other less critical things for Nissan to look at including the Airbag recall I got a notice for.

Also, has anyone had issues with their rotor dust shields getting bent repeatedly? It causes an annoying noise and it gets worse when I turn to the right. A co-worker found the problem and fixed it twice now by bending it back. I wonder if the car wash wheel rails cause it to get bent. I am going to have them look at that tomorrow too

I hope I didn't make a mistake by not getting the extended warranty.
Modified by bill875 at 2:31 PM 5/21/2009

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Wow, no replies at all? Ok, well here is what they found. ODB-II resulted in a P0455 Code. They replaced the Evap. Canister Vent Control Valve. It was "stuck open".

According to Woodfield Nissan (Hoffman Estates, IL), this is a very common problem on the Rogue's and Altima's. They indicated the part cost is somewhere between $150-200 and would require 2 hours of labor at $110/hr. if I was out of warranty.

Other problems looked at/resolved...

Airbag recall...test result came back OK.

Intellikey was replaced due to reduced range even with new battery.

Faulty wheel bearing was found to be the cause of noise in front driver side. Part is special order only, will replace under warranty next week.

I hope nothing else goes wrong after the next 5,000mi. I'm already at 31,000mi.

Return to “Rogue Forum”