Just had 3M ClearBra put on the 350-Mixed results

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Looked great at first.

$325 just for the Front airdam. Which of course is the highest risk area for chips, I wasnt quite ready to spring for $600 to include Hood/Headlights.

Anyway, there is a kernel of Sand stuck under the ClearBra..

Its Right next to the Nissan symbol, in a postion were its sure to be seen from all angles!

In my mind this is worse than a rock chip, cuz a rock chip I can always touch-up.

So net effect, my airdam is proteced but the immediate effect is a detriment in Appearance.

Brought it up to the Manger, he was like "Well you know it happens", doesnt sound like he is too eager tyo get it fixed.

And if "it happens" shouldn't he have plenty of warranty hold back, to cover a new ClearBra?

as a minimum I figured a professional shop that specializes in Graphic,s should be able to make a tiny cut, to get out the Kernel and maybe fill up with some kind of clearcoat "goo"?..

Fred..

zland
Car: 2003 350Z

You can peel off the clear bra at anytime. The installer has the responsibility of getting the job done right so hold them to it. In other words, they can peel it back, get it right thus no harm, no foul.

BTW, thanks for posting the "before you mod" article. I hope others find it useful.

Jeff - zland , SportZ magazine

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I'd definitely want it righted. You paid for it, you should get the best quality they offer. Did you ever get it fixed?

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”