Just Got Our EX35 AWD Journey

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
majorloser
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey

We just picked up our new EX35 we ordered on Christmas Eve from Coconut Creek Infiniti (Freakin' long wait)

2008 EX35 AWD Journey

Tidewater w/ Wheat InteriorPremium PackageWood TrimLuxe Elite PackageNavigation PackageTechnology PackageCargo Area ProtectorSplash Guards

(Only thing we didn't order was roof rails.)

Pictures to follow when I get a chance.

espressomac
Car: Audi Cabriolet

Welcome to the Coconut Creek Infiniti EX35 club! Did they send you the huge box of chocolates yet? I was impressed with the chocolate picture frame with the edible 'photo' of an EX35. And you're going to like the EX35 even more! Congrats.

LEXA

Awwww, espressomac! You ruined the surprise!

Congratulations majorloser! I notice you too held out for the Luxe Elite package - kudos to you for being willing to wait to get everything you wanted. I don't even have to see pictures of your new car to know it's just gorgeous.

Did you commit to a price/lease contract in Dec? Or did you get to negotiate the final details when it came in?

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Congrats on your new purchase...

I have a question for you... Can you tell me what the Brand and Part Number is, of the Cargo Area Protector you got ?

majorloser

espressomac wrote:Welcome to the Coconut Creek Infiniti EX35 club! Did they send you the huge box of chocolates yet? I was impressed with the chocolate picture frame with the edible 'photo' of an EX35. And you're going to like the EX35 even more! Congrats.
They just called me today to ask where to send the basket to my wife. Once they said the word "chocolate" I told them to just send it to me

majorloser

LEXA wrote:Awwww, espressomac! You ruined the surprise!

Congratulations majorloser! I notice you too held out for the Luxe Elite package - kudos to you for being willing to wait to get everything you wanted. I don't even have to see pictures of your new car to know it's just gorgeous.

Did you commit to a price/lease contract in Dec? Or did you get to negotiate the final details when it came in?
We bought it outright. Paid sticker.

majorloser

EXceptional wrote:Congrats on your new purchase...

I have a question for you... Can you tell me what the Brand and Part Number is, of the Cargo Area Protector you got ?
It's listed here at the top of the page, "Cargo Area Protector"

http://www.infiniti.com/ex/individual_options.html

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Thanks major ... much appreciated!

I just took delivery of my EX last Thu (Apr 24/08), Dark Currant with the Tech Package (in Canada, this includes Journey+Premium+Nav) ... LOVE IT!!!

One thing I'll say though - the sales people don't do a very good job of telling you what accessories are available. If I'd known that a cargo protector and organizer existed for my vehicle, I would have tried to wrap them into the purchase price.

BTW, a "shout out" to all you canucks ... I'm in Ottawa!

Cheers,David

EXceptional

Hey, we picked up our Car on the same day.

MajorLoser... any chance of seeing a picture of that Cargo Protector ?

Oh, and of your new Car, too !

majorloser

I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

majorloser

I got a chance to take some pics today. Needs a wash badly.

dividedhighw

Wow - nice! Is that the "tidewater" colour?

The cargo tray looks really slick ... reminds me of the one that came with our Subaru. Do you also have the cargo organizer ... trying to imagine how it fits together with the tray and whether it's like the one in the Nissan Rogue.

Also wondering about the two black pouches on the wheel wells (one seems to be a first aid kit and the other?)

Thanks,David

EXceptional

We came close to getting the TideWater too.

I like that Cargo Mat, too. I'm gonna order one as well !

Was it available in that color only, or could I get it in Black, I wonder ?

There appears to be 2 little Holes in the middle of that Cargo Mat. What's that all about ? Finger Holes ? Drain Holes ?

The Carpet Floor Mats look good too. Our Dealer gave us both Carpet and Rubber... Carpet for Summer, Rubber for Winter.

I too, am also wondering about those Black Packages in the Back. What are they ?

EXceptional

I found this on that link above for the Cargo Protector...

Water-resistant heavy-duty protection Includes cut-outs for tie-down rings mounted in cargo floor Keeps cargo area clean and helps protect it from scratches and damage

What are these Tie Down Rings mounted in Cargo Floor all about ?

Mine doesn't have them in the Floor... but instead, they are on the Side Corners only !

majorloser

I found this guy selling a black mat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

dividedhighw

Wow - that's a great deal (as long as shipping is reasonable)!! Too bad I need gray (or grey).

Exceptional Woman
Car: Infiniti EX AWD

dividedhighw wrote:I just took delivery of my EX last Thu (Apr 24/08), Dark Currant with the Tech Package (in Canada, this includes Journey+Premium+Nav) ... LOVE IT!!!
Congrats David! I also have the Dark Currant and absolutely love it. To think I was so undecided before I saw it in person with the Chestnut interior. I came very close to ordering a Scarlet Silver. And now I love the Dark Currant more and more each day (especially on sunny days that bring out all the brilliant undertones). It is a really beautiful color. Will you be posting any pics soon?

Exceptional Woman
Car: Infiniti EX AWD

majorloser wrote:We just picked up our new EX35 we ordered on Christmas Eve from Coconut Creek Infiniti (Freakin' long wait)
You are no loser if you are driving around in a sexy EX! Congrats!

majorloser

majorloser

dividedhighw wrote:Also wondering about the two black pouches on the wheel wells (one seems to be a first aid kit and the other?)
The small bag on the left is a first aid kit. The large bag on the right contains all of the O&M manuals. It's a big stack of manuals for all of the electronics and features.

EXceptional

The Dealer attached those 2 Pouches to the Car, for you ?

Did you ask for that ?

majorloser

EXceptional wrote:The Dealer attached those 2 Pouches to the Car, for you ?

Did you ask for that ?
They came with the car.

dividedhighw

Exceptional Woman wrote:Congrats David! I also have the Dark Currant and absolutely love it. To think I was so undecided before I saw it in person with the Chestnut interior. And now I love the Dark Currant more and more each day (especially on sunny days that bring out all the brilliant undertones). It is a really beautiful color.
Yes, the Dark Currant is growing on me day by day. At first I thought it was different, then I grew to like it, and now I think it's fantastically unique!

In Canada, the exterior colour and the model you choose (Luxury, Journey, Premium or Custom Leather), practically dictates the interior colour, as follows:
Exceptional Woman wrote:I came very close to ordering a Scarlet Silver.
Ha ha ... that was my second choice for exterior colour!
Exceptional Woman wrote: Will you be posting any pics soon?
It's been raining on and off here until today, but forecasted to rain again for a solid week starting tomorrow, so I'll wait until I wash it. Don't worry though ... I'll do it as soon as is practical, then we can start our mutual admiration club in earnest!!!
Modified by dividedhighw at 5:17 PM 5/1/2008

majorloser

dividedhighw wrote:Ha ha ... that was my second choice for exterior colour!
I'm glad we waited to get EXACTLY what we wanted. The tidewater is an awesome color. It changes based on lighting. In the pictures it appears to have a green hue. In the sunlight it appears blue. And at certain angles it has a hint of grey.

LEXA

majorloser, those pictures are just gorgeous. To be absolutely honest, the tidewater shows much more beautifully (& more true to life) in your post than any of Infiniti's own promotional photos in print or online.

Mind if I ask what kind of camera you used for those pics?

majorloser

LEXA wrote:Mind if I ask what kind of camera you used for those pics?
It's a Canon Power Shot S3-IS with the wide angle adapter lens.

LEXA

Thanks majorloser! I'm in the market for an upgrade from point & shoot to a 'prosumer'-type & actually have been looking at that one or the s5. Your pictures were so nice, so I just thought I'd check - although I bet the quality of light over there on the space coast also has a little bit to do with the quality of your snaps. ;-)

majorloser

LEXA wrote:Thanks majorloser! I'm in the market for an upgrade from point & shoot to a 'prosumer'-type & actually have been looking at that one or the s5. Your pictures were so nice, so I just thought I'd check - although I bet the quality of light over there on the space coast also has a little bit to do with the quality of your snaps. ;-)
It was actually cloudy and hazy that afternoon. There's been a lot of controlled burn fires for the past couple weeks. Nothing like the smell of burning swamp

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”