Just got my new EX35...yay! BUT....the CD player is DOA...boo!

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
RIDE

So got my new EX yesterday....just love it. Coming off of an FX35...the smaller size will take some getting used to, but having to refuel less often will be nice. I also enjoy the way the EX drives...surely a fun little car.

Problem is my CD player appears to be DOA. I insert CD and nothing happens. It should automatically start once I insert a CD...but for whatever reason it does not. Sounds like a trip back to the dealer

Anyway...not the end of the world. I think I will really enjoy this car in the long run.

RIDE

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Congrats on the new ride.

Sorry to hear about the CDP, what happens if you hit the CD button on the center display?

RIDE

Thanks!

When I hit the DISC/AUX button...once the CD is inserted of course....it goes from iPod interface, to Aux...but it won't access the CD player.

RIDE

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

Interesting, I have yet to see any audio system problems with the EX. Please update when you get it fixed, I am curious if you will require a new radio.

RIDE

I sure will.

Thanks,

RIDE

Jackintx
Car: Infiniti EX 35

I had the same problem with my CD. I was one of the early buyers of the EX35 back in January. Took it back to the dealer and they changed out the whole audio system. Works fine now. The dealer here in Texas was really great. As soon as I made the appointment to come in for the repair they ordered the needed parts. Not only did the service department chage the hardware, but they noted all my radio station settings before they removed the broken unit and installed them on the new one before I picked the car up. Even helped restore the cellphone bluetooth settings.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

You know you brought up something I have been wondering for a good while. I used to write down the presets for every radio I replaced until I was suspected by more than one customer of not replacing his audio unit despite having an operating CD player in there car. I still do it on most of the cars that I disconnect the battery, but my question is does that change your opinion of your service experience?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”