Just got back from JX35 training.

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey y'all,
It looks like the future is going to be long strings of 3 letter acronyms all networked together. For the folks who don't monitor the latest and greatest technology items to roll off the cargo ships over the past few years, the JX35 is something to check out. The list of acronyms in the book for this class was a page and a half long.

A few of the interesting things I got from this class were.

-There is not longer a front facing laser sensor, with a glass piece that would often chip or get dirty. There is a millimeter wave detection unit that is mounted behind the bumper on the right side of the vehicle. This system now works four systems through one unit. There are three safety systems that make up a fair chunk of the Safety Shield functions and the Intelligent Cruise that they have been using for a decade now.

-There is a telematics control unit, similar to the one in the NV line of trucks but this one is used more like another manufacturers system. There is a website for owners to log into that allow for updates in news, sports, stocks and integration of your google calendar right to the vehicles navigation unit. A function of this system adds a feature called Infiniti Connect which uses IVR and a cellular device in the car to contact a service that can expand on the above mentioned features as well as an option for a personal assistant that can make hotel and restaurant reservations or (oddly enough) order you tickets to events.

-One of my favorite features on this car is a feature called valet alert. When activated this feature texts the owner when the vehicle is moved beyond a .2 mile radius of the location where it was activated. There is also a drive zone that can be monitored remotely and the owner alerted if the vehicle is driven beyond a certain point. Now I was unable to test this feature since we were unable to drive the test units at the training facility to see how this works, but on paper it looks pretty wild

-Remote start is now a part of the premium package...finally

-The JX also have 10 sonar sensors that alert the driver when an object is moving around the vehicle when the camera is activated. You may have seen the commercial with the Backup Collision Intervention feature...it works. It is pretty wild to see that not only can you see what is outside of the vehicle but now if you miss something the sonar units for the Blindspot Intervention system to "see" what is where in the area directly.

-Someone spent a long time designing the second and third row seats. There is a lever which when pulled up releases the seat bottom, unlocks the back, and allows you to slide the seat forward in one quick motion. This feature works the same with a car seat installed. It makes it a breeze to fit my 6' tall rear in the back of that thing without any issue. The rear seats are pretty smart as well.

-The drivetrain and body are built off a US made Murano, and they went a long way to ensure us that it was not the same Murano many of us remembered from the early '00s. The engine is VQ35 with electric power steering mated to a cvt. The interior is distinctly Infiniti thought, however they did take away the analog clock that has been a staple since the earliest Q.

I have already heard a lot of positive things about this vehicle from people in real life and it seems like they may have done something pretty well here.

Similar to the EX35 and earliest M37/56 there will be a few adjustments and inspections made by the dealer for the first few models out there. They have done a good job catching some of the small things before they are delivered but a few early adopters will have some inspections required. A prime example of this is the O ring on the washer fluid may not have seated properly causing a possible 4oz or washer fluid to leak off the top of the tank, a simple inspection and diluted hand soap should remedy this.

I feel like online support for this vehicle will be slow and erratic, feel free to PM me with any questions. Let's build a great JX35 forum.

LateralG
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35
2001 Infiniti QX4 (Auctioned and SOLD!)
2009 BMW 335i

Thanks so much for this post. It's going to be fun getting to know our JX and working through the inevitable new model bugs.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

I don't know if it is any consolation or not but most repairs involve a software update. They are quick to install, and have almost no place to screw it up. It really makes my job much easier.

yosM45
Car: 2006 M45 Sport Twighlight Blue

Thanks Steve. Very excited to keep the wife in the Infiniti family.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

Steve likes this

AJW
Car: 2013 Infinti JX35

I bought the JX35 in April. It has been at the dealership since May 30th! :nono:
There are definitely bugs to work out. I have the fully loaded JX with the technology package. TWICE as I was driving, the IBA stopped my car and pulled my seat belt tight with no cars in sight. My children and my Mom were in the car both times. If a car was driving too close behind me, I would have gotten into an accident. It was very scary. My car was the first in the nation to do this, (lucky me), so technicians from Infinit and Bosch came from Tenneesee and Michigan. They have been back and forth for weeks trying to fix the software. Apparently, too much metal on a bridge caused my car to do this. I love the way the car drives, it's amazing and the interior is gorgeous. Infiniti consumer affairs have been awful, my dealership has been wonderful. I had the QX56 before this and I miss it! If Infiniti decides to do the right thing and give me a full refund for the JX, I will go back to the QX until they work out all the bugs!
Good luck JX owners, if you get a letter in the mail in the next few months that your car needs a "software update", you will know why!

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

Aww I'm sorry to hear about that.

I really hope they either take you out of that vehicle or make sure that it is completely safe to operate. I'm sure with enough persistence on your part they will do what is right.

We at the dealer end have been pulling our hair out with some tiny concerns but that sounds pretty serious.

Good Luck.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”