just got a 90 ser sentra doing blue bird just tell me things i should know

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
spooledyou33
Car: Se-R

yeah just picked this car up clean as all hell going to do the bluebird swap in it just give me some info or some thoughts on this swap into this car thanks all

boost_creep
Car: 92 sr powered coupe,06 Spec V

congrats man.

zerothread?id=133008

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Actually, if it's an SE-R most of that doesn't apply, as it's a list of what you need GA->SR, not SRDE->SRDET. It's pretty much plug-and-play for that swap.

So, any upgrades to the motor should be done while it's still out of the car. Make sure the motor mounts are in good condition while you've got the engine out too, and replace them with some polyurethane ones if they're bad/you want to (it's a really sweet $20-30 mod).

Any suspension mods? That car is going to be dreadful to drive if it's all go and no turn/stop. If nothing else, make sure your brake pads, rotors, tires, and shocks are in good condition. Oh, and get a new clutch unless you don't mind burning up the stock one in a hurry (don't ask me how I know).

BlackBirdVQ
Car: 93 G20, 94 Q45, 00 Altima, 01 Maxima- quite a few

No such thing as a 1990 Sentra SE-R. 91 was the 1st year of production, this topic has been discussed bout 100 gazzilion times- DET swap or turbocharging.

I've owned a few B13s in the past, and did a buncha DET swaps. I think I had the 1st DET in Chicago back in 98.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”