Just got a 08 FX35 - Pics + Questions

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
verdegallardo

So I just bought a Murano on Wednesday and then my wife liked it so much I offered to give it to her. So then I needed to find something for myself. So I took a look at the '08 FX35 and I really liked the outside, more so than the 09. But I did like the inside of the 09 more. I drove it, they just handed me the keys, didn't ride with me, which was nice for change. It drove awesome!! It's like a sports car but has the benefits of a small SUV. I say small because the cargo room is not very large, but for me it's perfect.

I ended up buying it because I liked it so much. The only negatives I've found so far is that the 08's don't have "touch screen" navigation (but it's still light years better than my previous benz navi), and it also doesn't have a IPOD hookup.

But it does have some cool features like the adaptive cruise control and the lane departure system. The adaptive cruise - I tried it out on the way home and set it to 60 and someone made a right turn and slowed to about 20, and the car slowed down perfectly and accelerated back up all on it's own. I was amazed, I was expecting it to not work as well as it did!

In the end I thought whatever I found wasn't gonna be as nice as the Murano for the price, but this is way better - especially the ride it handles like a sports car!!

Anyway, here's some pics..

And pics at home..

Now some questions -

1) Is the Navigation (updated) DVD available to purchase anywhere except for the dealer? Mine is from 2007.

Edit I found the answer to number 1 - https://www.navigation.com .

2) My FX does not have a IPOD hookup, is it possible to add one - and would be integrated?

I thought I had more but that's all I can think of for now

Thanks!
Modified by verdegallardo at 7:06 PM 1/21/2010

olsonbo
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

Get a pxamg for the ipod hookup. Install takes about a half hour! It is plug and play! I installed one in my 07, and it was super easy! Just take off the button plate on the dash that goes around the screen and has the scroll wheel on it. Take off the shift knob and surrounding trim (all this is done with a plastic pry bar of some sort... I used a plastic putty knife). The last thing to do is take off the trim piece with the analog clock in it. There are 4 clips at the top that can be a pain but they are easy to get to once you take off the first piece I mentioned. Then the unit has a harness that plugs in line to your factory harness and then run your ipod wire wherever you want it to go (I went to the center console) and bingo, Ipod in your FX. There are a few good write ups on other forums with pictures on how to do this. I don't remember where though!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”