Just curious. What is your neighborhood like?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

Do you drive one of the nicer cars in your area or is it just a Q45?

Me, I live in a smaller community mostly populated with soccer moms and rednecks. I would have to say it's upper middle class. It's more of a country area but the city (Milwaukee) is about a 15 minute drive.

I would have to say I drive a pretty nice car in my area. Not saying they drive total crap but it is mostly a domestic car area. They are mostly newer amercan cars and trucks.

Just a little curious, thats all.

Q45CALIBER
Car: Black on Black 94 Q45

65%black, 5%white, 10%asian, 20% latin, alot of 300c, chargers, and magnums, and benzs appear most popular. Alot of need for speeders to with the souped up civics and integras.

My car is average it stands out looks good for its age.

Jesda

I moved back in with the folks a couple years ago. Its an expensive area, and my car is the cheapest of them all. It fits in visually, except when its jacked up in the driveway and I'm seen changing my own oil. :D

Pre-bangle BMWs are quite common, and my parents have Lexus GX and LX SUVs. There's a guy around here with a new Bentley, but I have no idea where he lives. I just see his car on occasion. There's also a black 03 M45 that catches my eye once in a while.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

My car stands out like a sore thumb... in my areas (in school AND at home) its all GM... No one drives foreign cars!

96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

I drive one of the nicer cars in my area, if you allow for the 10 years since it was new. The '96 Q45 sold for about $55,000.

The only one I really covet is the glossy black 2006 CLS55 AMG I see every day on my way home from work. There are a few 7-series BMWs and your usual selection of MBs and Lexuses, maybe a half dozen G50s and a couple Y33s, a lot of SLS and other Caddies, of course. I'm in that same sort of farmbelt state as Q_SHIP, so pickups and SUVs and crap domestic cars abound.

When I'm on the Interstate doing my 3000 mile trips, I see very few cars that are in the class of the Q45.

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

my area is full of newer foreign lux cars,see very few older infiniti`s around here,unless they are coming to the dealer for service{nationwide infiniti is 1 mile from my home}lots of ls430,7 series,and lux suv in the neighborhood

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

My neighbor has a 2002 G20, across the street a lady owns a 97 J30, next to that theres someone with an orange 350z, two houses down there's an I30 and an FX35, then there's my Q and the I30 Limited. You guys be the judge...

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

these people like their nissans!

Vinsanity
Car: honduh 2000 ^_^

haha when I was driving the Q45, it was just another late-model gray sedan. everyone here has G35 sedans (esp. at work), newer 3-series sedans, newer C-classes, and the like.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

My neighborhood is upscale ... probably the most expensive houses and places in San Jose, CA. Lots of BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche and other expensive cars. (A 2003/4 M45 owner also lives somewhere near here - I have seen his/her car often ... more often than usual sightings of these years M45!)

Most expensive sighting was a new Bentley - have seen him a few times now, so he is definitely living around here somewhere. Another cool sighting was a Mercedes McClaren, although he may have just been visiting ... same car (an assumption) has been seen in Palo Alto and up in Napa/Sonoma somewhere.

No Ferrari's or Lamboghini's seen, though. This may be an older crowd living around here.

Z

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

The area I live in has all kinds of high end cars riding around. The Trump Golf course in Palos Verdes is at the end of my street, about 3 miles from my house.

Actually, looking in Autotrader or Auto Buys weekly magazines made me think about posting something like this up. BMW and Mercedes have by FAR the most pages of cars, the Mercedes section is probably 4x thicker than Honda, 7-8x thicker than the Nissan section.

ddrumman
Car: 08 FX35 39,000 mi, 07 G35 55,500 mi, 72 MGB

My neighborhood is just like everybody else’s “middle to upper middle class” hahahahahahaha. There has got to be at least 1 million classes within the “middle to upper middle” class.

Everything is relevant. If your house is worth $800,000.00 and your household income is around $130,000.00 what would that make you in Dothan AL, vs. Bell Canyon CA?

Anyway, my next door neighbor has a BMW X5, across the street the guy has a gymormous 05 Suburban for his wife and a few months ago when the gas prices were going nuts he sold his mid 90s LS400 for a Chrysler PT Cruiser 4banger.

In the surrounding area there are a gazillion Mercedes, Bimmers, Hummers, and the like of all these status vehicles. My favorite one is the early sixties guy with the 911 turbo chugging down the road as if he’s driving a Cadillac. I live about 1 mile from Bell Canyon, 2 miles from Calabasas and so on. You get the picture. It’s a lot hipper -for me anyway- to drive the Q than say one of the trillion bimmers that I see around here all the time.

I do LOVE my neighborhood though.

Rex
Car: None

I'm the white trash in my neighborhood . Just the way I like it. Though no one sees the need to drive anything real nice .

CrimsonQ
Car: Purple People Eater

Most people in KC are shall we say, uninformed about cars. They all seem to drive what their neighbor or friend has...ala Honda civic/odessey/accord.. you get the picture.

I have been asked at gas pumps/ carwash/ in traffic,not only once, but on three seperate occasions if my car was an "italian sedan" or some weird Maserati/Benz.

It always shocks me. Ive s een 1 count it "1" G50 on the streets since Ive been driving mine (little over 1 year)

And everbody tries to race me. I dont even look at people at stoplights or gesture that i would like to engage, I dont get it.

Id say average 3 bedroom house goes for 150k + in a nice part and 60-70k in others.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

There's a crap load of G50's around here... usually 90-93's on 20's... Coulda spent the money for the wheels on chain guides little do they know. There are a lot of nice 94-96's nearby too looking nearly prestine. I'd say this is a big Infiniti city.

KU4FIZE
Car: Infiniti Q45

I live in Los Angeles in a city called Glendale. It's dominated by Armenians. Hell yea, I AM one too Ppl around here drive mostly new Eclass mercedess, bmw 7 and 5 series, infinity g35 and m45. We like showing off our babies Rapper The Game lives here too. He has the bentley GT. Occasionaly I see some phantoms going around. however i have only seen 3 other 97-01 Q45's around. Ppl dont know about the car much, but as soon as I take them for a ride they fall in love with it. Thats about my neighborhood.

BlueC
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45t AE

Q_SHIP wrote:Do you drive one of the nicer cars in your area or is it just a Q45?

Me, I live in a smaller community mostly populated with soccer moms and rednecks. I would have to say it's upper middle class. It's more of a country area but the city (Milwaukee) is about a 15 minute drive.

I would have to say I drive a pretty nice car in my area. Not saying they drive total crap but it is mostly a domestic car area. They are mostly newer amercan cars and trucks.

Just a little curious, thats all.
Roughly the same here. We have a 2000 Infiniti I30 and ofcourse the 2000 Infiniti Q45 in the garage. Everyone else on the street drives newer domestic SUVs and trucks. So I consider the Q45 the nicest on the block pretty much. Only car that has HIDs in my cul de sac, thats for sure.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Hey KU4FIZE - I'm Armenian! Well, 1/2...

I live in a pretty low-lower-middle class area. I'm the only white-collar worker on my street. Not the ghetto, but certainly not what most people expect when they visit me.

Neighborhood is mostly Hispanic, some White families, lots of rentals. Probably mostly $150-$200K houses, which is WAY cheap for Phoenix.

My place was built in the 50's, kinda run-down but clean, safe and liveable. Safe neighborhood, although it's in decline.

I certainly have nicer cars than anyone on our street.

They stay in the garage, as cars parked on the curb get broken into occasionally.

The plus side? It's safe and quiet, I can work on cars or host a Tech Day without hassles, and I don't have a stupid HOA harassing me... I don't stress if the kids break something, and it's a sturdy, well-built house with craftsmanship you simply don't see in the new cookie-cutter homes that Phoenix is FULL of.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Current neighborhood is solidly middle class I guess. Newer homes from the late 90's and early 00's. We noticed that about 50% of the neighborhood has a white late model Camrey while we had the rental beast. Several Altimas, one other G35, lots of trucks and SUVs. For the most part I suspect my neighbors have no clue what the Q is. Next door neighbor knows, but he's in the car business... I see some really nice Mercedes over there from time to time.

The new house (whenever we get moved in) is in a slightly nicer neighborhood... We had a 98Q across the street, but he traded it recently for a Honda, and Acura, and a Saturn? Next door neighbor there has a nice canary yellow Mercedes rag top. Other than the guy across the street I doubt anyone knows what the Q is there either. At this point I'm sure they associate me with the truck since I'm always driving it over there to work on the house.

Heath

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

My neighborhood is upper-middle class, for the most part, but it's pockmarcked with wierdo tiny houses owned by people who couldn't care less about their yards. Dead lawns suck. Dirt sucks more. Mostly soccer moms. A few farmers left over from 15 years ago when it really was farmland. So many minivans and Suburbans...

Car wise...HONDAS. Tons of hondas. Neighbors to one side have all hondas. Accord, Odyssey, and a once-sweet classic Integra 2 door (that got rear ended).Neighbors the other way have 3 accords...all identical.

A few Nissans...a couple Armadas and Titans. A really nice 5th gen Maxima, nice new Altima. 4 or 5 third gen Maximas--one of which has been so abused by it's idiot 16 year old owner I'd like to kill him. One neighbor has a maroon P10 and a civic and accord. One of my neighbors used to have a white Z32. Someone who works at the country club a few blocks away has a Y34 M45.

One guy has an H2. Stupid thing.

We're right next to the second wealthiest (and a$$ snobbish) city in the state. Sad thing is, you mostly see Accords and Odysseys there, too.

It's a very "keep up with the Joneses" neighborhood. I hate it. Everyone's always buying newer and shinier BMWs or Hondas (BIG to how Hondas became status symbols rather than economy cars...) to show up the neighbors. Some people buy (and replace) brand new cars on a yearly basis. Hardly any of them have half decent taste in them. There is that one fifth gen (2001 AE I think), though...black on black SE (which means black badging too) with nice wheels.Oh, and a family moved in a few blocks away...Their driveway has a later G50 in it.I think I should talk him into selling it.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Not that I'm a Q owner, but I'm gonna go ahead and chime in any-damn-way.

Fairfax county is out of control. On my drive into work yesterday, I saw:

-Continental Flying Spur-2 Elises-Several 997 Carreras-Black NSX-Phantom parked over in mall lot-The usual smattering of M's, AMG's, blah blah blah.-TONS of G35 coupes and 3-series bimmers. They appear to grow on trees.

I've got a BMW 3.0 CSL in my apartment garage, which is sorta neat. But yeah, I'd have to be hella loaded to have anything cool by the standards around here, but screw them, lol. They all lease their cars anyway.

I don't know what the "official" average home prices are, but a nice 4-bedroom house in McLean is going to run you 7 figures. I do NOT have one, I rent a 840 sqft apartment in Arlington.

Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

Hey KU4FIZE, is that pic photoshoped?

Jesda

With my first Q, I lived in a middle class neighborhood in Spokane WA but was renting out and living in a storage room in my friend's basement. $150/mo rent with utilities was how I was able to afford parts.

BlueC
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45t AE

Q_SHIP wrote:Hey KU4FIZE, is that pic photoshoped?
Good eye. I just noticed the oddly shaped wheels.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

My neighbourhood is crappy.....

And no-one really notices the car, only the plates....

The car is nicer than most in my area...... mostly "soccer mom" cars, Holdens, or Camrys dominate the landscape

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”