Just changed my oil and...

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

...I'm happy to see that I recovered all 5 quarts that I put in after ~5,150 miles. The dipstick went down barely 2mm during this OCI with mixed highway and city driving, often times romping it. :bigthumb:

I took a sample of oil during the drain and might send it in to Blackstone Labs if I feel like going to the post office today or tomorrow. If I do send it in and the report comes back clean/good TBN, I'll move on to 7,500 mile OCIs with ease.

PostalsQ

Why does it have to be 5150 miles? LOL. :lolling:

Aviator, do you know something I don't? :confused: Are these 3.7's notorious for being oil burners? :wtf2: I almost bought an M45 until the more research I did should those motors to be a a quart to a quart and a half short after just 3k mile oil changes. So I passed on that and read awesome reviews on 3.7's. so I pulled the trigger and bought my Q70S. Inquiring minds want to know. :poke:

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

I read about many problems with the 3.5s and 4.5s burning oil like crazy. That's why I went with the 3.7. This is my first OCI since I bought the car, so I'm just impressed with it doing so well as compared to other generations and over my old Fords which burned about half a quart every 3,000 miles or more.

PostalsQ

Wiping sweat off my brow now. Cool. Thought you knew something top secret. Hoping our 3.7's last a good long time. Keep us update what the results are on your oil sample is.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”