Just bought today - small electrical issues

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
USAFmom
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5SE

I'm new to forums so I hope I'm doing this right - and please forgive me if I'm not.

I just bought a 2006 Altima 2.5 SE today. I test drove it a couple days ago and everything worked fine. I pulled a Carfax and a Vinalert, everything checked out. As I was driving away, I noticed a few small electrical issues. I'm single and have no family in town, and I know basically nothing about electrical repairs... ok, ANY car repairs. I don't have a lot of money so I'd like to try to fix these issues myself, if someone can just tell me where to look and what to do...

1. The left power mirror works fine, adjusting both vertically and horizontally. However, the right power mirror only adjusts vertically, not horizontally.

2. The lock switch for all the doors (located on the driver door handle) is non-responsive. However, each door will lock manually, and the remote works just fine for locking and unlocking all doors.

3. The switch for the front passenger window (switch located on the DRIVER door) is non-responsive. However, the front passenger window works just fine when using the switch on the passenger door.

I asked a friend who is a "car guy" today and he checked the inside fuse box but found no issues. That doesn't mean there aren't any, just that a guy who is experienced in this kind of stuff found nothing wrong.

Can anyone help? It's a bummer this all just happened today, minutes after I bought it and drove away. :wtf2:

paulski
Car: 98 sentra 1.6 automatic

sounds like the master switch on the drivers door to me. that controls everything you are having an issue with

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”