Just Bought it today!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RobinRogue
Car: Nissan Rogue

Hey people!

I just got home from purchasing my new Rogue!!!!!! It was a semi impulse buy... I have been researching them for a few weeks.... lurking on these forums I emailed the dealer here in Fort Wayne and got some mumbo jumbo about how they wouldn't work with me at all b/c they were in such limited supply blah blah blah. Anyway, I work in Warsaw, IN, which is about 40 miles away. They bent over backwards for me! I ended up leaving the lot with the car that the owner of the dealership had been driving... a silver SL AWD. Sticker was 25800 they gave it to me for 25300 and hooked me up with some good financing. I am soooo happy with it so far The drive home was so fun... all I wanted to do was play with the gadgets and check it out Hopefully tomorrow I will take some pictures and post them. The guys were so nice... and they told me I am the first one in Warsaw to have a Rogue!

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Congrats on the new Rogue. How exciting! Welcome to the Forums.. glad you decided to sign up and join us.

We'd all enjoy seeing pictures. Let me know if you need help hosting/posting.

You'll have to keep us up to date on your ownership experience. Good and bad.. hopefully much more good.. Curious to hear about your gas milage as well.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Congrats! Another happy Rogue owner. I think this small SUV is the most fun to drive of any I have owned including 00 & 02 CRVs and a 06 RAV4. Enjoy your new Rogue, I have not seen a Silver one in person yet.

Regarding yours purchase being a semi-impulse buy. That is very easy to do once you take a Rogue for a test drive, it is impresive.

intoranat
Car: Nissan Rogue '08

Congrats!!! We test drove the CR-V and RAV-4, but once we got in the Rogue it was a done deal. I hope to see some pictures in the near future.

Archangel0003
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Hello all :I just bought my new Rogue 2009 about a week ago and I still have the same gas tank loving it !....I was confuse with choosing s or sl for the price But I got S AWD I like it !...What I need help is on getting info on where to get the Cargo Cover (rear)And everything concerning modingThanks a lot !

kcab
Car: 11 Versa

Went to Antwerpen, in Clarksville, MD. worse buying experience I've ever had, never felt so pressured in any of my previous buying experiences EVER. All the details of the financing were not in the contract. After being pressured into the sale I thought I should check with the bank and verify all the details of the contract with them few days later I did and found I was being charged an additional $5.57/day that was not included in the contract as part of the total finance charges. This is the sixth Nissan I've owned, and the worse, "Service Engine Soon" lite came on at less than 1200 miles. Bought this one 11/17/2008 2wd SL Premium pkg. $25207.12 I'm already thinking of selling it but I can't get an online quote due to the mileage. I wished I had my 98 King Cab back better gas mileagfe and no problems.

Couz
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

I have had a brand new 2009 Rogue for 4 days now and I'm getting used to the CVT tranny, it caught me off guard the first couple of days with its subtle vibrations etc...but once you get it off your mind its fun to drive.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Yeah, the CVT is really different isn't it? We just don't think it's working properly, but it really is. Optimal gas mileage in all ranges!

Couz

cdmuile wrote:Yeah, the CVT is really different isn't it? We just don't think it's working properly, but it really is. Optimal gas mileage in all ranges!
That was exactly my reaction, I felt something wasn't right, but after getting feedback here and at the dealership that its part of the CVT rather than a defect it kinda settled me down.

I'm still getting used to it, I haven't had the car a week yet but I noticed that if I block it out of my mind instead of always trying to find that vibration things feel pretty normal.

Three of my friends test drove it and didn't notice a thing...I guess I'm more prone to notice every little thing, that's how I've always been when it came to my cars.

I just wish I knew this before I had bought the car so I can expect it rather than spend my first few days with my new car trying to figure out if it was a defect or not.

Regardless, I'm still not used to it but slowly getting there, it'll be a week on monday and hopefully soon enough I won't even notice it.

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I have had my Rogue for a year now and I love the CVT. It drives me crazy to drive a car without it now. All the down shifting and lurching. I enjoy the smooth feel of acceleration you get with the CVT. I have taken the Rogue over a few mountain passes with a 10%+ grade for a few miles, such as Jackson Pass in Wyoming, and it is amazing to just watch the RPM's smoothly go up and down as you fly up the hill. Amazing.Another great thing about the Rogue is that it has a timing chain instead of a belt. After paying over $600.00 to have a timing belt and water pump changed in my wife's car, I really appreciate that.

Couz

IdaCrue wrote:I have had my Rogue for a year now and I love the CVT. It drives me crazy to drive a car without it now. All the down shifting and lurching. I enjoy the smooth feel of acceleration you get with the CVT. I have taken the Rogue over a few mountain passes with a 10%+ grade for a few miles, such as Jackson Pass in Wyoming, and it is amazing to just watch the RPM's smoothly go up and down as you fly up the hill. Amazing.Another great thing about the Rogue is that it has a timing chain instead of a belt. After paying over $600.00 to have a timing belt and water pump changed in my wife's car, I really appreciate that.
Let me ask you, did you get taken off guard at first with the CVT's reaction (vibrations/lurch) ?

Did it frustrate you a bit?

I'm a little frustrated, but figure I can get used to it....I really hope I do if !!!!

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

It was a little odd at first, but it didn't take long to get used to the CVT. I never really noticed any vibrations with it.

takeshi
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Same here. CVT is very smooth even when downshifting or under hard acceleration.

Re-read IcaCrue's post. IdaCrue is saying that it's difficult to get used to the lurching in other (non-Rogue) vehicles.

Couz

I just need to get used to that feeling you get when your in a too high gear in a manual tranny...that feeling of the car losing power unless you downshift.

That's the vibration I feel.

I'm slowly accepting it as normal.

I like the smooth pickup when I do decide to step on it, no complaints there.

Thanks guys

Return to “Rogue Forum”