Just bought an Armada

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Titanium

hey, just want to drop by and say whats up to the Armada community. I just recently picked up a brand new 08 Armada for 30k after tax, registration, fees, etc. I thought I got a good deal. Anyhow, I got a couple of questions.

1. According to the NissanUSA package description, the Tow Package consists of:

* 9,100 lbs. (4x2)/9,000 lbs. (4x4) maximum towing capacity* Tow receiver hitch* Lower final gear ratio* 7-pin wiring harness* Trailer brake pre-wiring* Transmission temperature gauge* Heavy-duty battery* Auto-leveling rear suspension (Standard on LE)

Even though my Armada don't have the tow pkg can I just install a tow reciever hitch that is rated for 9,100 lbs, 7-pin wiring harness, and tranny temp gauge? Even without the Lower final Gear Ratio does it really makes that big of a difference? Those are the things that stands out the most to me. Since hp wise both have the same exact specs.

2. I was told that i could hook up any aftermarket camera and navigation straight to my front lcd display? Can anyone confirm this? I've looked at the GARMIN GVN53 for the navigation, but stump at a high quality backup camera. Any advice here?

Thanks

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Quite honestly, I am not sure on the answer to your first question. I would suggest contacting the dealer, they should be able to tell you for sure.

Yes, there are several ways of hooking up a back-up camera (or other devices) to your front screen. You can get a DVD, game systems, and other things ran to the front screen as well. Let me know if you need any details!

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”