Just bought a new fx 35

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Anarchist

i just bought an '04 black fx 35 w/AWD, sport and touring ( i thought about the tech package, but i don't really go anywhere, so the nav system seemed a bit useless for me.).jesus is this thing nice! i'm having a hard time keeping it under 4,000 rpm during the break-in period though. i can't wait to jump on the mf'er.

a couple of questions for some of you:

the temp control seems a bit odd - it is difficult to get cool air into the car w/o the AC on. if i put it in auto, w/o the AC on, and turn the temp down, why no cool air? i don't like the idea of running around in winter (even here in socal) with the AC on all the time. also, i've had to put the defroster on a couple of times for no apparent reason. anybody have this happen?

AWD and VDC- i kove to huck cars into corners, and this one seems made for it, at least to some degree. when entering an apex w/speed, what does the car do when it reaches it's limits with the AWD and VDC? push? oversteer? slide? stick?

i mountain bike a lot and am looking at availbale rack sysytems. i've put the bike in the back a couple of times, but i don't like getting the inside dirty. i want the simplist roof mounted system. what have some of you done?

otherwise, the thing is just incredible. it is of course great looking (if a bit ungainly from some angles), bueatifully finished and would seem to be screwed together very nicely. this thing is what the porsche cayenne should have been!

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

congrats on the new purchase!!! i love those cars;)

also, let me be the first to welcome u to NICO, there's tons of info here and tons of friendly ppl:)

-Dan

AfterFX

Welcome aboard! Post some pics!

Anarchist

Here's one.

Anarchist

And another. We'll see how it handles in the rain today - it's f-ing pouring here.

Dano

VERY NICE!!!:)

-Dan

Anarchist

Thanks - it really is incredible. The more I drive it (900 miles in a week!), the more I like it. With the 20's, it is a bit harsh over some roads, and you do feel every imperfection, but so what? That's the (small) price you pay for such a machine. It's funny, I look at things like the new Lexus 330(?) and I just laugh at how h0m0 they are.

This FX rocks.

Dano

hell yeah, if i could afford one i'd get one! especially a 45 in the copper le mans sunset-ish color:D

-Dan

Anarchist

You know I used to really dislike that liquid copper color, but now I sort of dig it. Wouldn't buy one that color, but it is pretty ballsy.

Dano

i like it alot...i agree on the ballsyness of it

-Dan

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

I have to agree with you guys. The first time I saw that copper color, I was like "Who the heck would buy that?" Now the more I see it, I'm really beginning to like it. Don't get me wrong. I definitely LOVE my Diamond Graphite w/tan interior, but it is a pretty cool color.

Anarchist

I normally love that diamond graphite, but something about the shape of the FX just didn't seem to marry well with that color to me. Am I tripping?

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

I got the L. Copper, and it is definitely a love/hate color (according to comments I get). I didn't care either way about it when I bought the car (got it because it was the only one w/ 6 cyl. and back-up camera.But now that I've had it, I really like the color. It really stands out in the parking lot, and heads do turn! Speaking of looks, has anyone installed the side guards that Grubbs is selling?

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

I put door edge guard on mine, but I haven't seen the actual guards on the sides of the doors yet. If anyone has them, please send pics. About 1-1/2 months after I got my car, some clown parked right next to me, even though I was way in the back of the parking lot where no one else was parked. When I got home I noticed I had a HUGE (to me) ding in the side of my door. I was pissed. I actually lost some of my senses and took it to the car wash shortly after that (I usually hand wash). But I'm over that now. :P

newFX gal

Hey, I noticed that you live in Carlsbad, I'm in the La Mesa area, did you buy in Carlsbad? I am thinking of going up there to purchase.Did you get a good deal from them? It's an outrageous vehicle!

Anarchist

Hey - small world. I actually bought mine at Discover Infiniti in Kearney Mesa. They quickly got right down to the right price, and gave me good money for my '00 XTerra that I traded in. Hoehn, in my estimation, does not want to deal anywhere near what Discover will do. They weren't even close, and I didn't give them a second chance. The car is ****ing incredible and I would recommend Discover, price wise. Email me if you wish. [email protected]

jimsbmw
Car: 2003 E240 Avangarde with AMG wheels 2006 M35 will all mods!!!

Congrats on your purchase, if you find a bike rack thats easy to use and install let me know.

Thanks

Jim

Return to “Murano Forum”