Just bought a murano, throwing a bunch of codes, Need guiden

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
beachbum4liff
Car: 2004 nissan murano

Good day everyone, so my girlfriend just bought a used 2004 murano with around 100k miles. We bought the vehicle and it had no CEL when we originally bought it. Few days later after putting about 100 miles on it. CEL came on. When she got down to my house, my mechanic ran the codes and this is what came up

P1800
P1273
P1283
P0152

P0725
P1722
P1705
P1701
P0615

When driving the vehicle, we thought it was a misfire that we felt but, our mechanic thought it felt like a slipping. Also the vehicle starts normal and has no long cranking or anything of that. Drives good other then the slipping. Also when we turn, there seems to be a point where the tire "catches" when the steering wheel over turns. The alignment seems to be fine though ?

I am trying to help her make the best of this situation right now so anything thats recommended would help. Thank you

Just trying to figure out how to approach it

sergofast

Sounds like whoever sold you the car might have pulled on over on you. If you reset the CEL light for certain issues it can take about 70 miles to register or completely reset (or before the issue is concurrent enough for the ECU to recognize it as a problem). It is plausible that the person who sold you the car reset the code and you didnt find out about it until many miles down the road.

For the code specifics check out the FSM s here: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissan ... nuals.html

My first guess is youve got an issue with the CVT but internet diagnosis can be very difficult and is subjective to interpretation. If I were you I'd drive it right back to the dealer...

Return to “Murano Forum”