Just Bought A EX35....Good Price?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
newbiezz
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hi everybody, I just purchased a 2008 EX35, all packages except for the Custom Leather.

I am from Canada and I paid around $53,500 ( All taxes in). Is that a good price? Also, whats the Navigation like?

Btw, I got the Aspen Pearl.

Soooo excited!!!

allthatjazz
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx EX35 Tech

hi newbiezz, congrats! That's a darn good price. I just got mine on Monday, and I definately paid a lot more than you did . The price difference with taxes all in could be due to taxes, 13% in Ontario.

newbiezz

allthatjazz wrote:hi newbiezz, congrats! That's a darn good price. I just got mine on Monday, and I definately paid a lot more than you did . The price difference with taxes all in could be due to taxes, 13% in Ontario.
Sweet. What packages did u get?

How's the ride? Congrats Btw.

morning_glory
Car: EX35

Just got an EX35 full equipped (the max you can have...).

57200$ all taxes included.

I'm in Quebec.

allthatjazz

I got the AWD with the premium, navi and tech pckg.

I love the look of the black lacquer & aluminum trim; so I passed on the custom leather package. The wheat had too much of a yellow tone, and not keen on the wood trim. What can I say, when I think of wood trim on a car, an image of station wagons with wooden side panels flashes before my eyes

btw, it is a very sweet ride, you will definately love it. However I will still miss my TSX. Being a lot lighter, it was certainly a lot quicker off the line.

allthatjazz

Just to compare the sales tax we pay ... there is definately an advantage of living in Alberta. Not having to pay 8%pst could have been a saving of almost $4k

ALBERTA 5.00%SASKATCHEWAN 10.00%BC, MANITOBA 12.00%QUEBEC 12.88%ON, NB, NS, NFL 13.00%PEI 15.50%

newbiezz

Congratulations Everyone!!!

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Mine was fully loaded... and we paid $52,000 about a Month ago... and we got the Pearl Paint, Extended Warranty, Infiniti Winter Rubber Floor Mats, McGard Wheel Locks and 3M Paint Film for free.

I think the Pearl Paint was a $300 upcharge over the other Paint finishes.

Also I think the Delivery Charges are more as you go further East away from the West Coast. Don't all Jap cars come through the Vancouver Ports and then spend a few days on the Trains ?

majorloser
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey

Bought mine in the US. Fully loaded AWD Journey.

Paid full sticker price..........

zerothread/333120

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

I would contend that comparing "taxes-in" or "out-the-door" pricing is not meaningful, at least not for assessing "What's a good deal?" for forum members and the myriad guests browsing here. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely interesting to know how much more (or less) cars cost in different countries and regions within each country, but there are just too many localized differences to compare "apples to apples".

Based on the different types of taxes and the ways they're charged (federal, state/prov, others like tire tax, gas guzzler tax, air conditioning tax, etc) and other fees (destination fee, dealer admin, licensing/plating, etc) are added, between the US and Canada, and even between different states and provinces, things get muddy pretty quickly.

For example, in Ontario, Canada, I saved the 13% tax portion off the value of my "trade-in" because I found a private buyer, then negotiated having him purchase my car through the Infiniti dealer via a "convenience deal".

My suggestion would be to compare including ONLY cost of vehicle plus dealer admin (which is a euphemism for dealer profit anyway). Then clearly state:- date of purchase (this changes over time due to many things, including factory incentives; even time of month matters)- country & state/prov of purchase- what base model (RWD/AWD) and package/options- what "freebies" included (accessories, service incentives, warranties, etc)

I believe that purchasing in US vs. Canada will remain a dividing line, due to aspects like Canadian duties bound into the MSRP, our laws requiring added content such as daytime running lights and 8 kph bumpers, and so forth.

Thoughts?

newbiezz

Sounds like you got a super sweet deal. Did it include the taxes?

I don't know much about Jap cars through the port and then afew days on train??

newbiezz

Did anyone get "Clear Coat" for the EX? Is it really necessary?

EXceptional

newbiezz wrote:Sounds like you got a super sweet deal. Did it include the taxes ?
Yes...

EXceptional

newbiezz wrote:Did anyone get "Clear Coat" for the EX? Is it really necessary ?
Aspen Pearl is close to a $300.00 (Canadian Dollars) upcharge over any other Color. I'm assuming) that with the "Pearl" you get some Clear Coat as well.

In the Brochure, there is a little number "1" beside Aspen Pearl and down at the bottom of the next Page, it says... "Extra Cost Option".

Also, I saw NO mention of a "Clear Coat" option anywhere in the Brochure for any Color.

Where did you see this "Clear Coat" option ? Is this a USA option ?

Scratch Shield on the other hand, is standard on all 2008 EX35's and is mentioned in the Brochure.

newbiezz

EXceptional wrote:
Aspen Pearl is close to a $300.00 (Canadian Dollars) upcharge over any other Color. I'm assuming) that with the "Pearl" you get some Clear Coat as well.

In the Brochure, there is a little number "1" beside Aspen Pearl and down at the bottom of the next Page, it says... "Extra Cost Option".

Also, I saw NO mention of a "Clear Coat" option anywhere in the Brochure for any Color.

Where did you see this "Clear Coat" option ? Is this a USA option ?

Scratch Shield on the other hand, is standard on all 2008 EX35's and is mentioned in the Brochure.
Hi EXceptional, the "Clear Coat" was offered to me from my local Infiniti Dealer. I don't see it is really necessary becuz I did pick Aspen Pearl which is extra $300 and it ur right it should have alittle clear coat.

Do u think I need the Clear Coat? Did u get it on yours?

Btw, did u get "Under Coat"? I asked the dealer about it and she told me that Infiniti does not offer it and that they make their cars well enuf that its not required and if I did take it somewhere else to get Under Coat the warrant from Infiniti would be kaput.

EXceptional

I don't think Clear Coat would go over the Scratch Shield very well. It would probably render the Scratch Shield useless if Clear Coat was applied over it.

So the answer is No, I didn't get a Clear Coat sprayed on.

No, I did not get an Undercoat either. I never have for any of my Vehicles, ever gotten Fabric Protector, Undercoat and Paint Sealant. It's just a waste of Money in my opinion and a huge Point-of-Sale profit maker for the Dealer.

Save your Money on all of the above... and spend it on something else.

newbiezz

EXceptional wrote:I don't think Clear Coat would go over the Scratch Shield very well. It would probably render the Scratch Shield useless if Clear Coat was applied over it.

So the answer is No, I didn't get a Clear Coat sprayed on.

No, I did not get an Undercoat either. I never have for any of my Vehicles, ever gotten Fabric Protector, Undercoat and Paint Sealant. It's just a waste of Money in my opinion and a huge Point-of-Sale profit maker for the Dealer.

Save your Money on all of the above... and spend it on something else.
I think you are right EXceptional, it's just a profit maker for the dealers. I wasn't really gonna go 4 it anyways, but now I definaltly won't go 4 it after reading your post.

Do you think it would be ok to put on a think coat of wax after I get it? Btw, I get my car sumtime next week, and I will post sum pics (if sumone can show me how lmao)

The one thing I am gonna get done is tinting the rear windows, 35%.

EXceptional

Tinting would be a better thing to spend your Money on.

I'm not sure about Waxing it. Talk to your Dealer about it.

EXceptional

I just found this little piece of text in that article I cut and pasted in another thread.

It talks about the Scratch Shield being a Clear Coat...

Infiniti is also using the EX35 to introduce a new paint that it calls Scratch Shield. This paint has a clear coat that was developed to maintain the paint's luster longer. Infiniti says it is self-healing. The softer clear coat "heals" scratches by flowing back to a smooth finish over time with the help of heat. It works quicker in the summer and in hotter climates.

newbiezz

EXceptional wrote:I just found this little piece of text in that article I cut and pasted in another thread.

It talks about the Scratch Shield being a Clear Coat...

Infiniti is also using the EX35 to introduce a new paint that it calls Scratch Shield. This paint has a clear coat that was developed to maintain the paint's luster longer. Infiniti says it is self-healing. The softer clear coat "heals" scratches by flowing back to a smooth finish over time with the help of heat. It works quicker in the summer and in hotter climates.
Interesting. Thanks EXceptional

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”