Just bought a 95 skyline gts "BUT ITS NOT REGISTER"

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
madsx
Car: 240sx

How can i register my skyline, im located in texas???? any help will be appreciated

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

You can't. You might be able to get it done all shady like, but full legit never worry when a government official gets interested, nope. Flip it for a profit and save yourself any possible heartbreak.

madsx

when the skyline gets register does it go to a u.s database how does that work., a while back i read that some shop or place in houston sell r34 and r33 or any car that is imported, i been looking for this shop online cant seem to find it.

is their a way how i can check the vin of the car to know if it was ever register, the reason is because in bought it of a guy that buys car at actions he bought it and i got it from him the car was purchase in GA. if that info helps

THANKS

Cannonball996

I have had 3 in texas, but was only able to get one registered, that was a motorex car with a17 digit "Substitute for US vin" it had a title from another state, and was fairy simple to register. the other 2 came in to the US via container, one I turned into a race car and the other eventually became parts, so I never really cared to register them.

if you have the substitute 17 digit vin, and a title from georgia then you should not have a problem. if not then turn it into a race car, and have fun with it. there are quite a few skylines in texas, and probably less then 10% of them are actually legal, but their owners drive them on the streets anyway.

madsx

well the thing is from the person i bought the car got it off a auction he only has bill of sell and the did not come with georgia plate. he got a bill of sell, is their a way that i can check the cars vin or if it ever waz register?

Cannonball996

look and see if it has a vin plate up by one of the A pillars near the dash, its going to read "substitute for US VIN" and have a number.

madsx

no luck, no vin now im thinking of selling the car its to nice and clean from the inside not even my s14 is this clean. i would like to post pictures but dont know how to..

i seen other skylines for sell from years of 92 to 95 register in other states. im thinking of buy one that register i paid some sum for this car. sell it and add some more for one thats register already

Cannonball996

to do anything you will need customs documentation on the car, you will also need to track down documentation on whom and where the car was last registered. if you dont have any paperwork on the car chances are it came over in a container and was never documented. lots come over that way, usually dirt cheap because you cant register them, people use them as race cars, show cars or just keep them in a garage.

themadscientist

Sell it and sink the cash into something else. Somebody will buy it. It's just a GTS-T and a 33 too, ewww!

JTR32gtst

Hope you did not pay too much for it. Anything over 7500 and you got hosed. Dump it, otherwise you're playing a dangerous game. At least if you sell it, you will not lose money, unless you paid too much. A gtst, non titled is worth poop.

themadscientist

Says the guy with the GTS-T, so you know he's speaking truth! :dblthumb:

JTR32gtst

^ Truth.. :biggrin:

themadscientist

Meh, I'd rather have a fast T than a stock R. I could afford the GT-R, but when it starts to break I couldn't afford it. The T, I can beat that s*** like a stepchild and fix it on a shoestring budget. The R is like a supermodel, high class, sexy, but high maintenance with expensive taste. The T is like a slut you met at a truck stop who will blow you in the parking lot if you buy her a beer.

JTR32gtst

Since I own a T, I concur, however, which chick is better to take to a ball, the classy supermodel with curves that goes for miles, or the slut that walks in draggin on a cig asking who wants a handjob for 50 cents....

I pick supermodel. I plan to, after the 25 year hits, import a classy R32 GTR. It is the pedigree i want to own. The history or what once was and to be able to enjoy a stockish GTR for what it stood for. My T rocks, and I love it and have poured waaaay too much into it, but owning a legend, sublime...

themadscientist

I don't pick my women or my cars based on what other people want to look at. That supermodel is a lousy **** and expects you to buy her expensive things. I'll take a regular girl who doesn't have an attitude and is down for anything.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

That's the thing though, Mike. The "supermodel" skyline doesn't have an attitude. She's pretty good when she's all revved up and begs for more once you get her going.

Yes, she has expensive tastes, but this one doesn't disappoint.

Honest question...have you ever driven an R in an area where you can really open her up and get a feel for her? Not sure how many places on Oki you can actually see what they're capable of doing. I think you would truly enjoy what this car can do.

Stop for a 1 day layover in Tokyo when you head back home. I'll let you take mine for a spin on the highways.

JTR32gtst

Gold Digger wrote:That's the thing though, Mike. The "supermodel" skyline doesn't have an attitude. She's pretty good when she's all revved up and begs for more once you get her going.

Yes, she has expensive tastes, but this one doesn't disappoint.

Honest question...have you ever driven an R in an area where you can really open her up and get a feel for her? Not sure how many places on Oki you can actually see what they're capable of doing. I think you would truly enjoy what this car can do.

Stop for a 1 day layover in Tokyo when you head back home. I'll let you take mine for a spin on the highways.
I have got a slight taste of what the chassis can do. I cannot even imagine how it must be to feel the AWD kicking in through a turn and feeling the twins spool up launching through the apex....

I need toilet paper...

themadscientist

I had a 300hp GTS-4. I know what it's like to be humming down the expressway at 250KPH with all four wheels working, very confident. For all the drag racing fandom the platform gets, IMO, it's at high sustained speed that the ATESSA system really shines, until it breaks, until it starts to leak, until the center diff starts to get hinky, until some electronic doodad shorts out.

I don't think you have ever ridden with me when I am "working," I am very abusive and finely tuned anything can't last long with me leaning on it. I went seriously drifting once and I was winding the motor up so much hoses were blowing off. I routinely late brake to the point that sports brak e pads split in half. I have made lane changes by kicking the a** end out on purpose to fit through holes a few inches shorter than the length of my car.

It's not so much the car, but rather its suitability to my driving style. I need pickup truck simplicity and ruggedness. I break things and I need a tough vehicle that can be fixed quickly and cost effectively. Everything about a GT R is more complex and expensive. If you are a berserker that's not what you want.

Essentially, we have an upper class chick with expensive tastes and a touchy disposition. Keep her happy and she can be fun, in her way, but if she breaks a fingernail you are going to have a bad night. You can take her to nice restaurants and the opera so she pleases you. I can't. I want to take her to a dive bar to shoot pool and she wouldn't like that. Her trailer park cousin, the GTS-T, is down for that and doesn't mind if she gets punched in the face if a bar fight breaks out.

You are more precise and controlled, like Jean Gerard; not the gay part. I'm more like Ricky Bobby. I fear the invisible fire. :gapteeth:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Obm6bEH80[/youtube]

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

madsx wrote:no luck, no vin now im thinking of selling the car its to nice and clean from the inside not even my s14 is this clean. i would like to post pictures but dont know how to..

i seen other skylines for sell from years of 92 to 95 register in other states. im thinking of buy one that register i paid some sum for this car. sell it and add some more for one thats register already
There's no way you'll get a legit, legal Skyline for what your grey-market illegal car is worth.

Should have done your homework. Google "buying a skyline" and you'll see all the expert information you should have already read.

JTR32gtst

themadscientist wrote:
Essentially, we have an upper class chick with expensive tastes and a touchy disposition. Keep her happy and she can be fun, in her way, but if she breaks a fingernail you are going to have a bad night. You can take her to nice restaurants and the opera so she pleases you. I can't. I want to take her to a dive bar to shoot pool and she wouldn't like that. Her trailer park cousin, the GTS-T, is down for that and doesn't mind if she gets punched in the face if a bar fight breaks out.
That made me smile...

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

You have such an eloquent way of explaining things, Mike. I truly enjoyed your post. LOL!

tyndago

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2011/ ... legal.html
I will try and arm you with some information, and questions to ask, and some paperwork to look for. Is the vehicle on the vehicle import eligibility list? If its not on the list, how is someone claiming that the car is legal? Is the car over 25 years old? If it is, then it is exempt if imported correctly, and in original configuration. Has it been imported under the Show or Display exemption? Then it is DOT/NHTSA exempt, but must meet EPA requirements.
Here is an R32 GT-R that was seized in Texas. - http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2008/ ... texas.html

ANYTHING CAN BE IMPORTED. Lets not be naive enough to think that you can't go down the street and find all kinds of things that are "illegal". Drugs, hookers, guns,illegal cars. Your choice on whatever side of the law you want to be on. The thing about cars is they have VIN's, they have chassis numbers, and you register them. If you use them on the street without that info you will probably get pulled over. Sooner or later it catches up to people.

What normally happens is the importer that has brought in a few cars as "parts" gets popped by customs. Customs investigates them. Finds other shipments, other things they imported. Look for anything they have registered, and then just follow the paper trail. That is what happened to that R32 above. I still hear about it happening all the time.

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -1999.html

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

...and, Customs doesn't have to adhere to the silly "anti-discrimination" guidelines that the TSA and other agencies are saddled with.

Importer "profiling" is highly accurate & nets good results.

Hackysac300zx
Car: 93 Nissan 300zx 2+2 N/A (TT motor in the works)
93 Nissan 240sx Vert (restoration in progress)

Go to the Junkyard and snag an s14 dash and use the vin...how many cops here in texas know the difference lol...you could just say its an s14 "highly" modified...problem solved lol

tyndago

Hackysac300zx wrote:Go to the Junkyard and snag an s14 dash and use the vin...how many cops here in texas know the difference lol...you could just say its an s14 "highly" modified...problem solved lol
Just a federal offense to alter the VIN. Not something you should ever "suggest" to someone on an open forum.

madsx

i been driving the car only to work due ton me working on my 240, i have pass by police and they dont even notice the car...

AZhitman
Administrator

That's not the issue.

Pray someone doesn't bump into you, or you don't bump into someone else.

madsx

i hope nothing happen,,

anotherslowgts

By any chance is it Maroon with a carbon hood and black roof?

madsx

no sir, its white and has carbon hood

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”