just another Godspeed coilover review

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
1991ls13
Car: s13 ls1 hatch

There has been alot of bashing on the Godspeed Coilovers and i can understand, cause fan boys are fan boys but they do have a point, the cheap 500 dollars coils aren`t going to perform like 1k or 2k coils, obviously. now i wouldnt have went with these unless this sweet deal went my way most guys go with the ss nonadjustable or regualer rs thats is. well i talked to the guys at godspeed and we talked out a sweet deal for the type rs that usaully retails at 600-700, the springs rate is 8 front and 6 back, 16 way adjustable. now i`ve road in 240sx that had megans, kts and some other kind i dont remember but i do remember him saying they were about 1100. so i will be comparing them to these.they are being shipped out today or tomorrow so i will be posting these up soon and all the juicy details.(please no fan boy flaming) this is an infomation thread about the coilovers.

1991ls13

well i got the car alot lower now, its pretty slammed, imo.still has to set in so it will drop probably another quarter of an inch, sucks that my fenders all jacked(im hurting thread) but i stil need a better roll and pull as you can see. once thats done i can really get going on this and enjoy it for a little. im sure you guys all remember from the before pics how raised it was even with the lowering springs so you def can see the difference.(btw, struts and tein springs for sale, pretty good condition. ) for some reason my car is always been higher by like a eighth of an inch on my passanger rear side then the other rear, idk why, weight ratio? fav picyou can fit maybe a credit card, prob not even that.and the back you can put just the tip in.....mmmm just the tip, thats where it all starts. :lol:

btw, my build is on silvia v8.

chaos2000
Car: 89 240sx HB (s14 sr20det)
90 240sx Coupe (nothing,yet)

not to shabby, lol. i was thinking about getting those coils for my car. how do they feel when driving?

1991ls13

well. i havent really drove it cause work and school, and im rockin two lugs on my right rear and threee on the other rear cause they snapped somehow....tq lol need to get that fixed but from the very lil driving i`ve done i cant really give a def answer but so far there decent, need to roll and pull my fender so i dont scrape. ill keep this updated though.

yoesh1
Car: 1992 s13 fastback

updates???

1991ls13

^^ sorry, there pretty good so far, had them for about 4 or 6 months now. i forgot about this post cause i just posted on the other review. i`d say if you dont go to the track alot, get these. there a good dd.ill be going to the track more often so i might just sell thes and get some really hard track ones.

imo, they go low enough, some disagree but you can see in the pic there pretty low.

sr20deTsomeday118
Car: 1991 240sx/se coupe

updates on the review, considering getting these as a DD set

skyline084

yo dude, these fail you at all ?

RustspecS13
Car: '74 260z and '88 300zx turbo

I bought a set of the $460 set off my friend. I traded my blown/worn cusco type-zero coils and $100 for them. I bought the cusco's for $180 2 years before that.

9-10 months and 14-15K miles later they are dead. Well the fronts are, they have play in the strut assembly its self, every thing else is fine.

For about 6-8 months they rode nice and soft, and were a great daily driver coilover. Nice change from my much stiffer cusco's.

Id never buy another set I planned on keeping as they didn't last. My cusco's probably had 40K miles or were well used, then I put another 20K on them. I'd buy used JDM coils and be happy with them if I was on a budget.

The other half to these crappy quality china coils is some one else might get a good year or two out of them. That's the crap shot you take with them, imo not worth it with your money.

~Alex

skyline084

okay man thanks for the advice. I'm just gonna wait a few more weeks and get megans.. possibly teins.

Were the cusco's you had adjustable?

RustspecS13

No the type zero's were the basic non adjustable ones.

~Alex

skyline084

Well I'm still deciding.. it's either the megan coilovers or godspeed.
Reason I'm even considering godspeed is b.c this way I can buy more parts to support the coilovers...
I'm honestly going to the track a few times over the summer, so i'm not going to be the crap out of the car.
The reason I'm hesitant is because both megan and godspeed are manufactured in china, but megan has just been around for a few more years..
any input?

RustspecS13

Megans all the way. I know they will at least last a year or two. I know plenty of them running around. Godspeed has not had the same durability.

My last two cars Ive dropped on stock suspension links. The rear had lots of camber (between 2 and 3.5deg, depending on lowness) but Id flip my rear tires and re balance them every 5K miles. I did work at a tire/alignment shop though....

Seriously look for a deal on quality suspension parts. Its far better then buying china crap. Here, zilvia, 240sxforums, your local forums, craigslist there are tonns of places to look.

~Alex

ScrapnSidwayz
Car: My damn S13 is a fuggin money pithole

You should definitely go with the Megans. One of my friends has Megans and another friend has Godspeeds and the Godspeeds have had several problems while the Megans have had none.

Axoure Dragonkin
Car: '92 Nissan 240sx se

been rocking my megan tracks for 2 years now, the only problem i've had is my top nut came loose on one (but that was because weird 2 inch texas ice). very easy to fix.

i believe they are made in Taiwan at the same place that makes teins, i think, could just be talking nonsense though, for sure the same place they make another major brand

1991ls13

mine are still going strong, well over a year and about 10k on them.

420sxWETDREAMS
Car: 1991 240sx Hatchback

I got them an love them! I will check back in when sometime goes by and can give more insight.

skyline084

i've daily driven these for about 5 months or so and they are holding up great, just super stiff... I'd rather have a strut/spring combo but for 500 bucks i couldn't go wrong. If you want cheap coilovers, get these... if you're using your 240 as a daily, just get a spring,strut combo... that simple

left shin
Car: 1990 300zx NA

I think it would be interesting to know how these are still holding up if you guys are still using them. :yesnod

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”