Just a thought>>2JZ

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

well when your girl friend cheats on you and lies to you and ignores your feelings. then you will understand wh y iposted that.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

wow, that was a good post on topic and then a lot more off topic

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

yep that is how we roll.

White Comet

very true, i always go way off topic but i wont interfere w/ it going back on topic

Deftec

Yes...this swap is extremely expensive. Tech2 offers a complete swap for $8500(installed and running).

Also, the speedometer box does not work. I talked to Dr. Tweak the other day about it and he said that nobody has figured out how to make it work correctly.

White Comet

^ interesting, what do u do for a speedo then? everyone just get an aftermarket one?

sleepyS14
Car: 1997 Nissan 240SX 2JZ30DETT, 2006 SAABaru 9-2X AERO

Deftec wrote:Yes...this swap is extremely expensive. Tech2 offers a complete swap for $8500(installed and running).

Also, the speedometer box does not work. I talked to Dr. Tweak the other day about it and he said that nobody has figured out how to make it work correctly.
except me!!

Thanks Dr. Tweak!!

Deftec

O rly....that ****er lied to me then?!!?!??!!? I guess he won't be doing my harness after alll and I'll have to leave feedback about how he's a liar.!!!

White Comet

wait so this dr. tweak said no one figured it out but he helped u figure it out? wtf is going on

Deftec

Dr. Tweak wrote:Sounds good. The tach adapter box is $120 installed and I do have them in stock. The speedo box, no one has actually gotten it to work on the 240sx (despite what tech2 may tell you) so I don't normally sell them, I do have them in stock and I'll let you have it for $70 (not installed) if you want to play around with it. I'm currently booked for about three weeks, but if you need the harness sooner you can upgrade to priority service, which means that your harness will be taken care of as soon as it comes into the shop, ahead of all the others. Priority service is an extra $150. Let me know if you have any questions: 404-474-4573
Straight out of my inbox on Tech2

White Comet

interesting, i wanna hear what sleepy has to say

idahotuner

i think pictures are in order.

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

idahotuner wrote:well when your girl friend cheats on you and lies to you and ignores your feelings. then you will understand wh y iposted that.
wow funny story last weekend i found out my gf was cheating on me for over a year. were should prolly e best friends now lol

White Comet

nevermind
Modified by White Comet at 3:19 AM 11/29/2007

sleepyS14

Dr. Tweak wrote:Sounds good. The tach adapter box is $120 installed and I do have them in stock. The speedo box, no one has actually gotten it to work on the 240sx (despite what tech2 may tell you) so I don't normally sell them, I do have them in stock and I'll let you have it for $70 (not installed) if you want to play around with it. I'm currently booked for about three weeks, but if you need the harness sooner you can upgrade to priority service, which means that your harness will be taken care of as soon as it comes into the shop, ahead of all the others. Priority service is an extra $150. Let me know if you have any questions: 404-474-4573
what Dr. Tweak said is absolutely correct.. let me explain

when i got my swap done, Dr. Tweak was an integral part of the wiring. and was the goto person in times of question in which he performed as expected. it is true .. the $hitbox that tech2 sells does not work for anything. Im not sure if the ones Dr. Tweak uses are the same ones. the one he incorporated in my swap is the Dakota Digital one.. after many different converter boxes.. smart wiring.. resistors here and there.. Dr. Tweak in conjunction with Chrys Z, George M, Ben G at Southern Car Customs got my tach to work 100% accurately and my speedo within .2km error. which is truly awesome. 100km is supposed to be 60mph as per the conversion (1.6km = 1mph) . as it stands.. my conversion reading on my car is 1.8km=1mph. believe me.. impressed is an understatement.

the box that tech2 sells does not read speed accurately til after about 40mph. that's what ive heard . Dr. Tweak knows his stuff, he wouldnt lie about accuracy. In my situation.. it was getting an R33 cluster to read a supra motor. so that task alone.. to get it to read is one thing..and accurately is just amazing. i stand behind Dr. Tweak's work and i'm currently driving the results to prove it. believe me. if you want your swap running right..you'll have him do your wiring. anyway if you send it to tech2.. they'll send it to him anyway. . might as well lose the middleman. or aka the Tech2-Screw . so it is true.. no one reallie has that working right.. it's a lot of trial and error.. and by a lot.. i mean A LOT!! .

and for the record... i didnt figure it out myself.. it was Dr. Tweak and the guys at Southern Car Customs. If you have questions..I trust full and well that you call Tweak

didnt mean to skew the image there.

White Comet

that makes a lot more sense and ur right. that accuracy is amazing

Deftec

I should have put /sarcasm in my statement about not sending to him. I do intend on having him do my wiring, but when I asked him if I should buy the box from Tech2 or if he would make sure my speed/tach worked that was his response.

sleepyS14

also... another problem that we ran into (but eventually solved) .. which was apparently a common problem showing up on the Tech2 side .. is that the motor doesnt rev past 4000rpms .. i forget what they did to fix it.. but i knoe Tweak was on the case just as much as everyone at SCC was. they're one big happy family down there

teamwork FTW!!

sleepyS14

Deftec wrote:I should have put /sarcasm in my statement about not sending to him. I do intend on having him do my wiring, but when I asked him if I should buy the box from Tech2 or if he would make sure my speed/tach worked that was his response.
wiring is one thing. just that.. it's hard to calibrate the speedo when the car's not there. and when it's not running on a dyno that you can follow the readings.. whether it's reading too high or too low and adjust accordingly. can only do so much with just the wiring harness. my guess is that theres just no set certain values that there is for those boxes for them to read from the engine to the cluster. just gotta play with em.

...or Stack.

White Comet

thats a good point, deftec, good luck on urs, i wanna see pics

Deftec

sleepyS14 wrote:
wiring is one thing. just that.. it's hard to calibrate the speedo when the car's not there. and when it's not running on a dyno that you can follow the readings.. whether it's reading too high or too low and adjust accordingly. can only do so much with just the wiring harness. my guess is that theres just no set certain values that there is for those boxes for them to read from the engine to the cluster. just gotta play with em.

...or Stack.
Too much work, and considering I'm nowhere NEAR tech2 or Tweak...I suppose I'll go with my 2nd option: buy another gauge cluster and put aftermarket gauges in it. Only thing stock I want to keep is the gas gauge haha.

idahotuner

brizanden wrote:wow funny story last weekend i found out my gf was cheating on me for over a year. were should prolly e best friends now lol
well mine did it outtathe blue, one night three people 2 guys one girl all nasty as far as i know. maybe more. we are over as F**k i am going to try to pulll **** to gether and move on.

efrain240sx
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx HB

idahotuner wrote:
well mine did it outtathe blue, one night three people 2 guys one girl all nasty as far as i know. maybe more. we are over as F**k i am going to try to pulll **** to gether and move on.
Man that sucks, I would slap her back to the stone age.

idahotuner

oh it is over i dumper her the day i found out, time to mocve o n now, she choose to be a slut

White Comet

Deftec wrote:
Too much work, and considering I'm nowhere NEAR tech2 or Tweak...I suppose I'll go with my 2nd option: buy another gauge cluster and put aftermarket gauges in it. Only thing stock I want to keep is the gas gauge haha.
thats wha ti would do, run all aftermarket gauges in teh cluster area

sleepyS14

Deftec wrote:
..umm yeah about that gas gauge.. more resistor guess and check. we had it squared off pretty accurate.. but when i got the car back.. a full tank only read just above 1/4 on my gauge. so my gas mileage is roughly estimated through my tripometer. most i ever did was.. 390km to the tank. and i think i filled up at like 14.2gallons i think.

side note.. whats the capacity of an S14 gas tank? ive heard anywhere from 15 to 16.7 to 18 gallons. anyone have a definite??

this would help me a hell of a lot more in gas mileage calculation and how far i can take it. vs. scaring the ish outta me when after 200km.. my needle is well below E.. but i knoe i have at least another 150km left in it. hahadamn.

swapped life for real.

sleepyS14

White Comet wrote:thats wha ti would do, run all aftermarket gauges in teh cluster area
it is a lot of work... but on the other hand.. the aggressive stock gauge look is baller as hell. i dunno.. im a big fan of aftermarket everything and anything.. but OEM Performance Line products slay me

cant get that with aftermarket

White Comet

true, that does look real good, but if aftermarket is how he has to do it. its better than no gauges

idahotuner

sleepyS14 wrote:
it is a lot of work... but on the other hand.. the aggressive stock gauge look is baller as hell. i dunno.. im a big fan of aftermarket everything and anything.. but OEM Performance Line products slay me

cant get that with aftermarket
i want my speedo to read this and have my gauges set up liek this but i am sure it will be a royal PITA

Deftec

Yea, I'd LOVE to keep the stock gauges...I'll have to talk to tweak and see what he can do.

Return to “Hybrids”