just a quick hello to all the racers

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
ks2_tuning

Hey all new to these forums, Just found the site a couple days ago, myself and my teamates have recently aquired a 2005 SE-R from nissan and we'll be building it into a track car to be used in endurance and select touring car events. it's a ton of work to be done, the cars overwieght so start with so we'll be dropping the 3.5 and inserting a 2.5 and that will give us a nearly 600 pound weight break for using the smaller engine (which we will be allowed to build up as opposed to the 3.5 which had to remain stock) from looking at the car the rear suspension will be a whole redesign to get the proper clearances and such for coil over shocks/springs. i'm not a big forums guy (though we'll be posting the stuff we don't need in the classifieds, nissans great at helping get you the car but they are not so quick with the wallet...lol) so feel free to e-mail and as we go along i'll try and post some pics... alrught that's it for nowKJ

S14 boy
Car: 1997 nissan 240sx(R.I.P) 2003 VW GTI 1.8T 1975 Triumph TR6 Overdrive

Thats very cool! What series were you thinking of runnning? I hung out w/ the RCR SE-R team at the Glen last year....the finished dead-last in the grand am cup race.lol. but they were great guys and i learned alot by being around them. You should bring it to the Glen at some point, although thats quite a haul.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

im also wondering what series your running

my guess would be maybe USTCC, or WC...but i havent checked the "approved cars" lists in a while

i take it youre running an alty talking about the 3.5? interesting choice, but maybe following in the footsteps of a few WC teams who have had better success switching to the larger cars?

ill be interested to hear more

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”