Just a question

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

Hello All,I know the 05 Gs sedans will have 277 hp and the coupe will be 295 hp. What will that calculate as far as 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? Will it pass the 330i in engine performance or is bmw making an hp increase as well? Kev...

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Hard to say. It wouldn't expect much. Depends also on how they acheive the additional power. Certain mods that add HP can affect low-med range torque. Which can affect a 0-60 time moreso than it might a 1/4 mile time.

And I'm not sure what you mean by surpassing the BMW 330i's engine performance. Considering even the Altima's VQ has more power than the 330i.

g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

I mean the bmw 330i 0-60 & 1/4 mile times are very much equal if not a very short hair quicker. (Provided both cars are stock of course). What will the hp & torque bump do for the G? Just read an auto world article that bmw will have a performance package that increases the hp by 10 for the 05 330i. The hp gain on the G will be standard not a package. So expect the car mags in testing the 05s to have the loaded up with options bmw ($42k+) on their testing grounds. I can see it now. Quote "Bmw insisted that the 330i with the performance package was the only one they had available in their fleet for us to test". Whatever? The mags seem to be reluctant to crown Infiniti and when they do the article somehow tells the story of all the drivers really pulling for bmw to win. Seems to always be their car of choice. Never owned a 330i is the car really as good as they make it out to be? Is it the driving experience worth an extra $10K over the G? I think I need to go to the dealer and test drive the thing myself and write my own results.Kev...

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”