July TWR Drive - 29th

Including AK, WA, OR, ID, MT, and WY
kristopher_d

TWR Freedom Run 2007 Details available here.

After quite a bit of searching, I have to admit defeat. There doesn't seem to be a route over Snoqualmie pass suitable for sports cars without spening a lot of time on I-90. So instead, we're going a bit further south. The plan is to loop around Mt Rainier. 410 may have a bit more traffic than we'd generally prefer, but the route is an enjoyable one none the less. In addition, the side roads I have planned for the south side of the mountain are usually pretty empty, and definitely make for a lot of fun.

As usual, this is a family friendly event, and so long as you love to drive, all cars are welcome.

We'll be meeting at 10 and rolling at 11.

Modified by kristopher_d at 5:08 PM 7/10/2007
Modified by kristopher_d at 4:35 PM 7/11/2007

kristopher_d

Well, more research and planning mean the route isn't quite a loop around the Mountain. Instead, we'll make the trip up to Paradise for a BBQ/Picnic before looping back around and returning back the way we came. This does make it the longest route to date for us, but Speed Limits are generally higher, and some of the roads are genuine treasures, so it'll be a good time none the less. The directions are posted, and I'll have an overview map up this evening.

Every Nissan I've had the pleasure of driving has been a fun car. Where are you folks?

kristopher_d

Just a reminder, 1 week to go. If you plan on attending, please register at The-Winding-Road so everyone else has an idea what food to bring.

kristopher_d

I just realized, there is a $15/car park entrance fee charged by the National Parks Service. http://www.nps.gov/mora/planyo...s.htm I believe this is collected as you pull onto Paradise Road, but I'm not certain. I'll check for alternate picnic sites in case we decide this is too much.

Return to “Northwest Region”