slaggit
Car: '08 Nissan Versa SL

Wow I like the new Juke. Guess it'll be at dealers soon. Here's a link to pix:

http://www.nissanusa.com/juke/....OWN

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

It is going to be badass. I have seen them, but not been able to sit in or drive one yet.

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

slaggit wrote:Wow I like the new Juke. Guess it'll be at dealers soon. Here's a link to pix:

http://www.nissanusa.com/juke/....OWN
And I'll be seeing what kind of fun we can do with them!

http://www.jukespeed.com

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

That looks uglier than a Pontiac Aztek.

silverarrow27

I actually kinda like that car. What are specs on it I wonder?

br4dysays
Car: 06 Alti SE-R

wow gross

V-Man

Did they forget to put the headlights and then added them at the last minute?I'm not sure about that front...yeah, Pontiac Aztek comes to mind.

GFresh
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL 1.8

I kind of like how the inside looks futuristic, but I'm not a fan of the exterior or the fact that it's 2 door.

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

ya i'm not liking it myself either ...

WeirdFishes

Infidels!

JUKE is HOT!

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

WeirdFishes wrote:Infidels!

JUKE is HOT!
Not everybody likes the same things .. that's what makes us dif't. Plenty of people hate the look of the Versa ... buy what you like. If you like the Juke, get it.

Nismo V
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S 2008 Scion xB 2.4L

Perfect timing for Nissan to step their game up with new vehicle entries (Thanks Toyota for an Epic Fail )

But overall the Juke looks like a solid contender for the mini SUV/Crossover niche..

Here is a nice article from NetCarShow.com http://www.netcarshow.com/nissan/2011-juke/

nate361
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa S

GFresh wrote:I kind of like how the inside looks futuristic, but I'm not a fan of the exterior or the fact that it's 2 door.
it looks 4 door??

Bubs daddy
ABS, CVT

Went to the sites and checked out more pictures. Yep, it's still homely. I do, however, like that it has the 1.5 diesel option.

Bubs daddy
ABS, CVT

Quote »I kind of like how the inside looks futuristic, but I'm not a fan of the exterior or the fact that it's 2 door.[/quote]It is a four door.

"It has a tough solid body to reflect the SUV element, yet is a very sensual car, too, with complex curves and a coupé profile accentuated by the narrow side glass and hidden rear door handles which help give the impression of two rather than four doors."

WeirdFishes

iluvmyVersa08 wrote:
Not everybody likes the same things .. that's what makes us dif't. Plenty of people hate the look of the Versa ... buy what you like. If you like the Juke, get it.
LOL! I wasn't trying to be a jerk... or force my opinion on anyone. It's just like being a Red Sox fan... I'll tell a Yankees fan that the Yankees Suck! You love red cars. I hate'em. But I'm totally down with your loving your red car! BTW, I'm JohnLocke!

slaggit

Bubs daddy wrote:Went to the sites and checked out more pictures. Yep, it's still homely. I do, however, like that it has the 1.5 diesel option.
I'm a chick and I like the style. But what the heck is that on either side of the hood above the lights? More lights? Weird....

CrankyVersa
Car: 2010 Versa 1.8 hatchback SL

I think i will keep my V and enjoy it after a few performance mods.... Stillen here i come!!!!

CraigFL
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback (Blue/Charcoal)

I was actually gonna hold off until the Juke came out so I could buy one, but then my Solara started having MAJOR issues coupled with my declining health so I couldn't wait any longer. But I DO love my V.

robaustin

Looks a lot like the Volvo C30:

Juke:

Cute car. Not for me. Have kid, need 4 door.

--*Rob

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

slaggit wrote:But what the heck is that on either side of the hood above the lights? More lights? Weird....
The headlights are the 5" round units, and the ones above are the running and turn signals.

Wait until you see this litlle 4-door in person before you pass too much judgement.

CraigFL

Rob, look at the black portion of the C pillar. You can see a vertical door handle embedded in the pillar. That's a four door.

robaustin

Interesting. It still looks too small though. Then again the Versa looks small from the outside too...

--*Rob

CraigFL

robaustin wrote:Interesting. It still looks too small though. Then again the Versa looks small from the outside too...

--*Rob
Yep, I love it when people comment on my V being small... until they look inside. :D It's actually about the same in terms of roominess as the 2000 Altima I used to have, if not more.

BlueMango
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

I think it looks like a curvier Kia Soul

robaustin wrote:Looks a lot like the Volvo C30:

Juke:

Cute car. Not for me. Have kid, need 4 door.

--*Rob

Rand0m0sityxX
Car: 2015 Nissan Quest S
2018 Nissan Versa S

I would probably still buy a Versa, when Its time. But I wouldn't not look at this. I'm considering going to see it when it hits the lot later this year.

Its a funky car, the runners and blinkers on the hood i'm not big on, nor the huge round headlights (reminds me of Jeep). But it wouldn't hurt to look. I looked at the Cube, I think I can look at this too.

Promise Land
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

The Juke made its debut at the NY auto Show yestreday. The US version brings an MR16 base turbocharged gasoline engine with 180+ HP. All I need to do is find a wrecked one in a year and swap the turbo kit over to the Versa. The 1.8L MR18 should put out 200+hp pretty easy.

silverarrow27

Promise Land wrote:The Juke made its debut at the NY auto Show yestreday. The US version brings an MR16 base turbocharged gasoline engine with 180+ HP. All I need to do is find a wrecked one in a year and swap the turbo kit over to the Versa. The 1.8L MR18 should put out 200+hp pretty easy.
If what you say is true and Nissan is in fact bringing it to our N American shores with a turbocharged MR16, it is good news.

bondiblue
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.8S HB ---- 2003 Dodge Durango SXT Sport

Since the Nissan dealer I sell at is fairly small, I don't know if we'll get one or not. I suppose it depends on the supply. I hope we do, I think they look sweet. Hopefully they aren't like the Cube in the respect that a lot of people think it's cool but they don't want to actually purchase one.

slaggit

bondiblue wrote:Since the Nissan dealer I sell at is fairly small, I don't know if we'll get one or not. I suppose it depends on the supply. I hope we do, I think they look sweet. Hopefully they aren't like the Cube in the respect that a lot of people think it's cool but they don't want to actually purchase one.
I agree, that's a very cool looking car. It might appeal to a female more than a male though? If I had any sense at all, I'd get the leaf but I'm stuck in an apartment and I have no idea how I'd charge it. And, I'm not made of money. Right now I have only a year left on my Versa lease. I'll probably buy it but I signed that lease before all the trouble in auto-land and the residual to buy it is kind of high, over $8,000. I should probably be sensible and just buy the Versa when the lease is over. It has ultra-low-miles, right now after 2 years it's still under 7,000 miles. Yup, I live close to where I work. Dodger Stadium....GO DODGERS !!

Return to “Versa General Chat”