Juke prewired for fogs?

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
anthony870
Car: '11 Nissan Juke 1.6L Turbo S
'09 Nissan Versa 1.8L S H/B (traded)

Does anyone know if the Juke is prewired for fog lights. I have a S model Juke and it doesn't have fogs and I would like to add the OEM set. What all would be required to do this? I know my '09 Versa S model was prewired and all I had to do was cut holes in the facia for them, mount them, plug them in, and replace my turn signal switch with one for fogs and presto I had fog lights. Is it the same here?

Abear
Car: Juke SV / 09 EX35 Journey / 04 350z Roadster

Yes, the connectors are tucked up close to where you will plug them in to the fog lights. You will get not only the fog lights but also a new control pod to replace the one currently on your car. The new light / wiper pod will include a ring for the fog lights.

anthony870

Thanks for the info. Just went out and looked where you said and found the connectors. Now just gotta buy the fog light kit.

Abear

Good luck. It takes about 45 minutes to install the fog lights, you have to drop the lower half of the front bumper. You will get a web address for Nissan Publications that will provide detailed instructions on how to go about the install. Not hard, just takes a little time.

anthony870

Wow 45 mins. Think it only took me 15 to do the versa. But I didn't have to take off the bumper. Good to know it comes with instructions. I also have found a service manual on eBay so I will have that also. Prob wont be till mid next month when I get the fogs. Just checked today on prices and Nissan said bout $190 for the kit.

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

Don't you also have to break down at least part of the steering wheel? It comes with a new stalk for the lights, right?

anthony870

GRey1 wrote:Don't you also have to break down at least part of the steering wheel? It comes with a new stalk for the lights, right?
hopefully it will. I know with the Versa that is how it was. Should be bout the same with the Juke.

Abear

Yes, the fog lights do come with a new stalk. Replacing the stalk is probably the easiest part of the install, you pop the cover off, remove two screws, unplug the connector. Pretty straight forward really.

anthony870

well I am planning on ordering this mid next month and just noticed that the Nissan courtesy website says that all kits w/o auto headlights are back-ordered. just wondering if i can order the kit w/ auto headlights and how hard it might be to install whatever makes the headlights auto (guess would be some sort of sensor?).

Abear

anthony870 wrote:well I am planning on ordering this mid next month and just noticed that the Nissan courtesy website says that all kits w/o auto headlights are back-ordered. just wondering if i can order the kit w/ auto headlights and how hard it might be to install whatever makes the headlights auto (guess would be some sort of sensor?).
No difference on the install, you will just have the option of "auto" on the headlight / fog light stalk that will not be functional. Everything else will work fine. My dealer allowed me to verify this when I purchased my fog lights.

anthony870

That is probably what i will get. but is there anything i can do to make the auto functional. since i got the switch for it i might as well try to do that if its possible.

Abear

If you take a look at the Juke's dash on the passenger side up near the windshield you will see the light sensor for the auto headlights. Well it's just the cover for the sensor, the sensor was not installed if you did not get the auto headlights option. I was hoping the same thing that is why I asked the dealer to let me try the auto headlights stalk with the fog lights. I can confirm that the sensor is either not there of not functional. I have no knowledge of how you could get the auto headlight feature to work if not ordered with the vehicle originally.

Here is the web site for the fog light install instructions:
http://72.3.186.203/TSB/TSB_xml/nmabstr ... lyear=2011

Choose the download accessory install instructions, it is a PDF file.

anthony870

Thanks for the information. I will be looking for the cover and trying to see if it might be prewired for the sensor or not. If so I will be looking to see where I can a sensor from. I will let you know what I can find out. Thanks again for all your help on this topic.

Abear

Glad I could help.

anthony870

So after waiting for almost 2 months for money owed to me by Nissan, I have finally ordered my fog lights and received them yesterday. I wound up getting the set without auto headlights since they said they were not back ordered and would have no problem getting them in. I am planning to install them tomorrow. I will post some pics up when I get them in.

anthony870

Got them in and working great. Love the way they look. Think i may have to adjust them a little. seem a bit to low.

Fog light kit
Driver side plug
Passenger side plug
Fog lights installed
Fog lights on
Fog light switch

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”