Juke Navigation Update - Price Excessive!

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
rockywoj
Car: Nissan Juke / Murano / Infinity G37x coupe

Our navigation system on our 2012 Juke tells us that we need to see the dealer for a maps update. Went to the dealer and they told me I have to go online to nissannavigation.com . Went there and they want $149 for an update SD card to be sent out. I think this is ridiculously and unjustifiably expensive. Below is copy of email letter I sent to them expressing such.

I think that if others out there share the outrage that a simple software update that ought to be user downloadable onto the existing SD card should be free with the excessively high price of the navigation option to begin with, or if not free, certainly more of a token $5 to $10 charge, then I think there is much value in as many loyal Nissan customers as possible contacting Nissan to express their displeasure with what should be effectively free, given the tens of thousands of dollars that the navigation equipped car costs to begin with.

Anyway, here's copy of the letter I sent ....

Hello.

Our 2012 Juke is the top of the line model with navigation and the nav, which we don’t often use, is telling us that we need to update.

Considering the overly excessive price of the navigation system to begin with, I cannot fathom having to pay $149.00 for an update SD card. When paying such an excessive price for navigation, such updates ought to be free and user downloadable onto the existing SD card.

$149 for a maps update is gross profiteering! Come on Nissan, get with the times of open source and rewarding those customers that have already dropped about thirty grand on one of your navigation enabled vehicles. $149 for what should be effectively a free internet download onto and existing SD card is very angering and judging by the outrage expressed on multiple nissan vehicle user forums, I am not the only one that feels this way.

Note, I do not care that other car manufacturers may participate in the same deplorable attempt to nickel and dime loyal customers (my wife and I both own Nissan, my son has an Infinity, and these vehicle make up our 8th, 9th, and 10th Nissan vehicle – you don’t get a more loyal Nissan customer than me).

Nissan should be setting the bar higher in terms of customer service in this modern age of software / system upgrades.

Needless to say, I cannot imagine us EVER paying $149 for an SD disk update that should be free, or in the very least, no more than $10.00 including shipping. Better yet, though, like I said, I should be able to take my existing SD card, put it into my computer and then simply download the update onto it from nissannavigation. Doing this should be free given the thousands we have already spent as a new car, registered Nissan car owner.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

You might find this interesting. GPS Map Updates

rockywoj
Car: Nissan Juke / Murano / Infinity G37x coupe

Thanks

Daviddel
Car: 2009 and 2010 G37 Convertible

I believe the updates come from a third party, Navitek, which sets the price. I know that for my Juke it is $149 but for my G37 and M37, it is $199 on DVD. It also includes updates from Infiniti for the navigation and bluetooth too I believe. The data is the same regardless of the cost of the vehicle.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”