Jspecauto's SR20DET price: Something to look out for?!

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
Daunttless

the reputable jspec is in California. : ) However, I have never commented on the quality of the Canadian Jspec, nor will I, its just as one of the other members pointed out: well they have a 1800 dollar engine. Yeah, they do, but it says STARTING from 1800, it also has a cut harness, missing mafs, ignitor, no intercooler, no ecu. : ) Add it up. Oh well, just my two cents of course I"m probably biased. : )

Also, we don't mind putting people up in the shop for overnight stays, we'll have a very comfortable couch. : )

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

Didnt mean to put words in your mouth.. lemme break it down

Daunttless pointed out to me there are two Jspecs.

*my view*

The canadian jspec is a big ole pack of useless, while the cali guys have some bad-a$s parts for the KA and the SR.

Daunttless

Its cool, didn't think you were putting words into my mouth. : ) Was just adding my own 2 cents. Although, with the economy my two cents is probably only worth .0222 actual cents, or a steak dinner in canada, or a skyline in Japan. : ) Yeah, thats right, I capitalized Japan and didn't capitalize canada, whatcha gonna do about it. ; )

:icesangel

SRdS14
Car: Workin on my car, chillin with friends, basically whatever...

****..there's even a jspek.com try that and make it 3...

BuudWeizErr

I believe the people at http://www.jspec.com are a good company. They have been recommended to me by the same people who recommend phase2motortrend. I hope their business isn't crappy. They are the company in California.

loafy777

Yea, JSpec.com is a good company! Sam is a very cool guy, I know that I appreciate working with him.

SR180SX

Jspec.com a true Japan spec enthusiasts company, nothing but JDM

SRpiccalo
Car: my car

my engine delivery got delayed... how gay is that i'm supposed to get it tomorrow now i'm gettin sick of this delay bull **** i'm pretty sure it's been a month since i bought the engine

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Daunttless wrote:Also, we don't mind putting people up in the shop for overnight stays, we'll have a very comfortable couch. : )

That's been my plan the whole time, ain't it Daunt? haha, hope there's room for two, cuz my buddy is road tripping with me.

Nick

Daunttless

Hehehe, well, I suppose its up to you guys if theres enough room on the couch for both of ya. : )

:icesangel

Nah, there should be enough room, one of you might get a lazy boy, depends on how big the couch is that we get. : ) Maybe we'll have futons or something. : )

Also, SRPiccalo did you order from the Canadian Jspec??

loafy777

I'm sure that he did Daunt. Sam (the california jspec.com) doesn't really like to sell motors because of everything involved with shipping and other liability.

SRPiccalo.... that's really no surprise to me man. I mean I'm sorry to hear it, but Ismael is the king of jerking people around. I put up with his crap for a few months and that was more than enough. Best of luck.

Daunttless

yeah, I was just clarifying, Sam is a great guy and I highly recommend him, and while he can get you just about anything, I wanted to clarify it was the Canadian Jspec that the problems were coming from. : )

SRpiccalo
Car: my car

yeah it is the canadian jspec that is giving me problems...hopefully i get my engine today

Gixxerpunk

Daunttless, how much for shipping on an S13 Redtop lump to Dallas TX?

Is the current west coast dock worker strike effecting biz yet?

I H8 UR DSM

i think that dock worker strike does not affect this type of importation....

he does not have his motors coming in currently, so it wont affect him anyway. He will shortly, but it will prob. be cleared up, or not affect him in any way

shipping usually cost between $200-300 as far as i know, but he can give you the exact #'s, he is just very sick right now, so he might not be able to respond today.

jesse

Daunttless

What he said. : )

Gixxerpunk

cool, I am expecting to pay about 3500-3800 for the swap (that I am doing myself). Is this about right?

Aside from that, I am going to ask a Newbie question here:

Where can I find a list of everything I will need beside the Motor Lump for the Swap? (besides Heavythrottle.com)

Also, Do your Motors come with the Factory IC?

I H8 UR DSM

i think he can include them if desired....

http://WWW.phase2motortrend.com has a great walkthrough of what is needed, and some ideas...

jesse

Gixxerpunk

dope! thanks man!

MONSTER

Ismael sells motors for $1850 SHIPPED to USA. They have cut harness (at ECU), and missing sensors here and there. They all have ECUs as well. This is a perfect inexpensive motor/tranny/clutch/turbo/etc setup for people wanting to run Haltech or similar EMS. Instead of buying stupid used stock harness and ECU (approx $600 combined), you can just as well spend $1000 and get E6K Haltech engine management, and run any turbo and any fuel on the car, datalog, traction control, and the list goes on. With used stock harness and ECU you are screwed and you have to buy an additional JWT $600 ECU upgrade to do anything. Just my 2c.

I havent ordered mine from him....I've located place in california selling motor/tranny without ECU and harness for $1000.....perfect :-)

Just dont understand why people charge over $2000 for something that costs ~$500 in japan LOL I mean these motors are over 12 years old (early S13s).

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

DSM -- this is off topic but.. your affiliated with rollhard right? I was wonderin if you know anything about how soon Defi's new desplay setup would be avialable??

Daunttless

Number 1) My motors do not cost 500 dollars in Japan, because I don't buy junkyard specials. : )

Number 2) In response to an earlier question, my motorsets are front clips without the frame, I include everything that I possibly can, the Intercooler, harness, ecu, all that stuff is guaranteed, everything thats needed is guaranteed. I try to include peripherals like the AC and Radiator and such when I can, which is about 100% of the time, unless there are extenuating circumstances ( IE the owner took his AC out ).

Also, since when has he sold them for 1850 shipped to the US? We have had several members call and ask and ahve been told that the engines start at 1799, but thats missing just about everything that can be missing. : ) I'm not commenting on his quality or what not and if you had a good experience with him great, I'm just repeating what will be repeated by many a member here.

titotonto

SRPica....

I am in tucson also, and I ordered from a california company, because all the local are overcharging and Dauntless was out of stock (so was heavythrottle), I'll be starting my swap this week or next so let me know when you're doing yours.

I H8 UR DSM

MONSTER wrote:Ismael sells motors for $1850 SHIPPED to USA. They have cut harness (at ECU), and missing sensors here and there. They all have ECUs as well. This is a perfect inexpensive motor/tranny/clutch/turbo/etc setup for people wanting to run Haltech or similar EMS. Instead of buying stupid used stock harness and ECU (approx $600 combined), you can just as well spend $1000 and get E6K Haltech engine management, and run any turbo and any fuel on the car, datalog, traction control, and the list goes on. With used stock harness and ECU you are screwed and you have to buy an additional JWT $600 ECU upgrade to do anything. Just my 2c.

I havent ordered mine from him....I've located place in california selling motor/tranny without ECU and harness for $1000.....perfect :-)

Just dont understand why people charge over $2000 for something that costs ~$500 in japan LOL I mean these motors are over 12 years old (early S13s).

and there have been numerous scams posted on boards like FA and NICO about JSPECAUTO ripping people off, and getting crap motors....Yes, they do buy the 500 junkyard specials, but if y ou look at reputable places, IE AFTERDARk and HEAVYTHROTTLE.c om, they carefully choose which motors they bring over, and dont bring over just the first 10 motors they can fit in the container..whcih a lot of the cheaper places do...they arent as concerned with quality.

I H8 UR DSM

Oh, and the flashoptions dude, told us that he is the one who supplies the motors for jspecauto (which means directly from the junkyard)...so why not go through them directly ; )...::sigh::

sr20det
Car: Drifting, draging, silvia projects

hey, i bought an sr from there is very clean, but i dono if they know any about sr or not cuz they sent me the wrong ecu LOL. anyways the engine is clean, but it dont come with top or bottom harness, no intercooler, no piping, no clucth fan, no mafs, no power transistor unit and shipping is not exactly wha they said, is always behind LOL. they said 10 days but i got it in 18 days LOL. any ways, i spent over 1000 to get all tis over not come with units so, it really around 2600+ come to think of it. so is not very worth it if u buy it from there, get it from after dark tuning.com they have great prices for great engine there... i dont recommand jspecauto to any one else. (period).. and oh yah, my sr o2 sensor is dead, my oil pump is not working rite everythough they said is been test. LOL :| well, take my atvice boys and girls later.

drifspecs13
Car: tuning

Not for Nothing, but my sr20det that was purchased from jspecauto, had a blown head gasket(which I now have a Trust metal head gasket), seized T25 turbo, cut harness(which I expected), and a bad ECU (was only firing 3 cylinders) However with a fight I was able to get another ECU that works but the RPM signal doesn't work. I never bothered calling back for another. Not to mention the extra time and money it cost me to figure out all these problems. No reembursement. If I could re-purchase my motor I would have gone with Heavy Throttle. Theve been a big help for me.

Jason180SX
Car: Cars, Cars, And um Cars

DAMN am I glad I live in japan!!!!

drifspecs13
Car: tuning

You're lucky to be in Japan. I wish I was there, I plan to pay a visit there. Mabey ship my car and have some fun:icesangel

Justice
Car: turbo's

ok i just read an article that says S15 spec S, brand new costs 16,500 US?

Front end can sell here for 3000, compleate engine swap sell for 5000-8000 with 0-100 miles/kph on it, spindles, breaks and 5 lug conversion for those S13 people and S14 non SE peeps, i whould say 1000, rims 1000 with stock tires,

point of this is you can almost make enough money parting brand new cars out. hmm i need to move.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”