Jl Audio boxes, amp question

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
astron

I'm looking to build new fiberglass boxes for my pair of jl audio 10's. I dont really know what model number the subs are, i'll try to include a picture though. They're being powered by a sony amp, which puts out 100watts x 2 (which is how they're set up now) or 280w x 1. There's a switch under the amp that says high voltage (4-2 ohms) or high current (2-1 ohms), which do i want for sound quality? Should i bridge the amp? How big of a box do i need to build for the subs? Sealed or ported? (i think sealed is the only option, as i need trunk space) Also, can i safely relocate the amp under my front seat? (96 240sx) I also am considering a second amp for my 6.5's, they're 4 memphis audio's (about 90 dollars a pair, i dont know the model number, but i think the box said 100w) i have an aiwa mp3 player at 44 watts rms (i think). Should i even bother amping the 6.5's?thanksast

astron

okay, the 6.5's are power reference pr 62s (625, perhaps, i'm looking at a picture that happened to have the box in it)ast

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”