jiffylube disaster

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Billgatto16
Car: 03 g35 coupe

so after i pick my g35 up from the tranny shop, the tech tells me to get the radiator flushed out. so next door is a jiffylube and 99% of the times i don't let them work on my cars and i was just given a painful reminder as why. after driving away and getting on the highway the temp needle slowly rises to the h mark and i pull the car over to the side of the road. after inspecting under the hood i notice not only did they not replace my reservoir tank cap but they also did not put the clamp back onto the upper radiator hose causing all the antifreeze to shoot out and overheat my motor :mad: :mad: :mad:

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Billgatto16 wrote:so after i pick my g35 up from the tranny shop, the tech tells me to get the radiator flushed out. so next door is a jiffylube and 99% of the times i don't let them work on my cars and i was just given a painful reminder as why. after driving away and getting on the highway the temp needle slowly rises to the h mark and i pull the car over to the side of the road. after inspecting under the hood i notice not only did they not replace my reservoir tank cap but they also did not put the clamp back onto the upper radiator hose causing all the antifreeze to shoot out and overheat my motor :mad: :mad: :mad:
Yes you learned a painful lesson.
There is a reason the dealers charge more than jiffy lube.
You got what you paid for.

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”