JIC Coil Overs - FS Y33 (Linked to classifieds)

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

These are for a Y33, but I can't tell if they're the SF-1s (non-adjustable dampening) or SA-1s (5-way adj. dampening).

Does anyone know?

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

I don't see a a dampening knob so I would guess they aren't adjustable.

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

SF-1 since there's no knob. What are you doing with those, Chris?

SikNLow
Car: '03 G35 Sedan - VIPstyle, 72 Datto 510 2 dr with 12a rotary

I agree with these guys about the no knob being the giveaway on these... but if you want to be sure contact Adam:

Adam KnapikJIC USA / CROSS Suspension Project12217 Woodruff Ave. Downey, CA 90241TEL. 562 803 6122FAX. 562 803 5012http://www.jic-magic.comhttp://www.cross-na.com

He recently joined up on VSC as a consultant to our forum and I know everyone here would benefit from being able to reach him as well. Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way an attempt to advertise for anyone or to push sales, this is for informative purposes only and this site and it's owners are not liable for anything that may arise from the contact of said person mentioned above

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

You can tell Adam he's more than welcome to join here as well. Not sure if he is a vendor on VSC, but if the interest is enough hae could contact admin about being a vendor here. Just a thought.

*Edit* Thanks for the contact info for clarification.

SikNLow
Car: '03 G35 Sedan - VIPstyle, 72 Datto 510 2 dr with 12a rotary

adam's not a vendor just a consultant of sorts, I would hit him up if I were you, he could really help out!

cnichols

What I figured....just wanted to be sure the adjustability wasn't hiding from me somewhere.

I actually picked up a Black/Black Y33 a couple months back and bought these on a Yahoo! Japan auction. Selling them though because I need the money more than I need these on the car.

TBrack
Car: none

Thought I would post this from VSC it might apply.

Consumer Notice: Warning on Used JIC from JapanJIC USA has been getting a surge of questions in regards to used JIC coilovers from Japan. We would like to address this concern. The typical phone call or email that we receive is that a the customer ordered the coilover from Ebay or other similar web based auction site for a very low price. What the consumer does not know is that 90% of these "used" coilovers are either discontinued or are heavily used and are no longer working.

This poses a problem where the consumer now no longer has a working or discontinued item that JIC USA or even JIC Japan no longer has replacement or repair parts for. JIC USA would advise that anyone is considering purchasing used JIC coilovers from Japan or from any auction site to consider the following:

- Does the Coilover come with a black spring?If so, then this coilover is probably close to being over 4 years old. The current JIC coilovers come with Purple springs.

- Does the Coilover adjust ride height from the spring rather than the lower bracket?This will determine whether or not the coilover is a current model. All current JIC models come with ride height adjustability form the lower bracket. In addition, if they are non adjustable they may be SF-1 models that we are limited on repair items.

- Is the Coilover offered only in Japan? Does JIC USA currently carry this model?If the coilover is limited at only in Japan, please note that compatability may be limited and that it may not fit.

If you have purchased a coilover that is questionable, please contact us at (562)-803-6122 and we will do our best to resolve this for you. We offer a trade in program for current models as well. We may also still have replacement parts for discontinued coilovers, so please contact us for further details.

- JIC USA Sales & Customer Service Dept.

** Please note that JIC USA cannot be responsible if we do not have any replacement parts that have been discontinued.

Original Post: http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewN...at=NE

cnichols

Yeah, just ran across that about a week ago.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Chris in a big body. If you post a thread in the classifieds, feel free to start a thread in here linking to that.

cnichols

These are for sale...need the money more than I need the car dropped.

zer...d=226

I need to get some good pics of the new Q. Might be able to tomorrow after the windows get tinted.

burgy240
Car: 2000 Q45 Ann. Edition Blk on Blk

So what kind of shape are these in? Have you checked with JIC USA to see if they will service them and what parts are serviceable and which aren't? ThanksAnt better pics of the rusted springs??

cnichols

All I've done is take them out of the box. They seem to be in pretty good shape besides the springs...I have new springs (they are in the bubble wrap package seen in between the front and rear sets.. I have not checked with JIC USA, but from a post on VSC, I don't believe they are servicable anymore. However, I have heard most coilovers can be rebuilt by a truck or motorcycle shop that specializes in rebuilding shocks. Maybe not true, but something to consider. I'm selling because I"m trying to sell my house and anything I have lying around so I can move and be debt free.

burgy240
Car: 2000 Q45 Ann. Edition Blk on Blk

I am interested...any idea on how much shipping to 33614 Fl is? Thanksemail me please, [email protected]

Return to “VIP Forum”