Jet Chips

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

Hey guys is this bull **** or legitimate? It's a jet chip for my 95sx SE.

http://caraddons.com/test.asp

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

From what i've heard/think, Jet chips = POS

PabloHoney

Jet chips suck balls for imports. They are only good on American V8's. And, no, I am not just saying this cuz I hate V8's (I happen to respect anything that can turn 12.8's in stock fashion...that being the newer Camaro SS). Bad bad stuff.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Mike Kojima I think tested a JET ECU vs. a JWT ECU vs. a OEM ECU for a se-r. It was found that the JET and OEM were identical, and only the JWT had been modified.

I don't know about anybody else, but I don't want to spend money to upgrade my ECU to one that is identical to the stock one!

If you are gonna get an aftermarket ECU for any nissan, JWT is the only viable option. Either that or a stand alone system, which is significantly more $$ and more for an advanced user.

ash1y1

Where can I find a stand alone ECU for my car?

Daunttless

You're talking 1000+ for a standalone ash, but you'd want to look into getting a haltech most likely. Its probably the best bang for the buck. Theres other options like the GReddy E-Manage or you can go even more piggyback with like an Apexi S-AFC or what not.

ash1y1

Well see my only problem is I don't have the option of taking mine out of my car and shipping out for two weeks. I use my car every day and can't afford getting a rent a car. So for me, it is not feasible going either way. It looks like I am screwed huh? Are there any other companies that offer brand new chips for our cars and don't require me to send mine in for reprogramming?

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

Ash it's me again, i'm just going to ask you one question, how much money do you have in your hands?

How much money can you say you can spend safely(with out pawning a kidney or selling a child) in your cara month?

I know those where 2 questions but still....damn!!! i know you want to know about cars dude, but you ask a million questions and have tought about a million mods, but if you don't have the money cool it, don't be impatient.

in Regard of your questions, full stand alones will cost a lot of money, you can have a SAFC, and be "able" to tune your car, but you will have to dyno it, or at least have all the gauges installed.

and we go to point number 1, How much money do you have???

ash1y1

Actually I only have one kidney right now so I couldn't pawn one out. I donated one of my kidneys to my father on June 26th of last year. That's a whole thread in a completely different forum.

I'm not necessarily broke, I just haven't set the funds aside for modifications. I make a very nice living and have just recently considered modifying my car so I just never had time to prepare and organize anything. That is the reason why I keep saying I don't have the money. I can come up with the money very easily. I can withdraw from my checking or even savings if I wanted to and put $8K into the car, but it's not something I would do. I have basically made a promise to myself that I would set aside $200 - $400 a month for mods and save up until I get enough for whatever mod I choose. So when I ask all these questions, I'm not biting off more than I can chew my any means, I'm very interested in learning about my car. Next year in January I plan on purchasing a new car and am seriously considering the new Z. My friend just got his that he had on pre-order for a year now and I am very impressed with the car, except for the interior. So you see, I have the money if I really really want to pursue a certain mod, I just hesitate on dipping into my savings accounts or selling my stocks just to add a few ponies in my car. Does this explain my situation a bit more?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Like I said before, stand alone's are for the advanced user. Somebody that knows inside and out of every system in the car, and knows which way to adjust things for certain outcomes.... and it costs LOTS more money than a JWT ECU.

The JWT ECU, although it is just a modified ecu, you can get without sending your in. They charge a $500 core, so if you spend an extra $500, they will send you one anyway. Then you get your $500 back when you send them your old one.

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

damn sometimes i do feel stupid, :confused: if you have the money ask the question?, do i want to mod my car or i want a new 350Z, think about it, and don't waste it on something else.

If you really want a new car, wich is faster stock, wich has warranty, and is brand new, go with the Z, if your in to cars, and enjoy getting your hands dirty and complaining and bitching of things not being bolt-on (believe me i been there)then mod your car. and do take 3 or 4k from your account drop in an SR Motor or turbo it (if you really looking for some power) and go from there.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

I dunno about your money supply, but just buy another ecu from a junkyard and then ship it out. That way you also have 2 ECUs to choose from, one when you wanna rip, and one when you wanna run stock/save some fuel.

ash1y1

You know Pancito, I'm beginning to like you now. :) Enjoy your weekend all!!!

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”