JDM wheel weights

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
coolchuck
Car: 11 M37s, 04 E55

Hey guys, I m trying to get some guidance. I'm curious how much the wheels weigh that are usually on VIP styled cars. I really like Leon Hardiritts, Work and some of the Weds styles. I know they are crazy expensive , even used. I just dont want to add even more weight to my M that dosent have a lot of aftermarket performance support. I'm trying to get a nice blend of speed and style. If you have any experience with their weights or know online where I can find out that would be great

19 or 20 inch sizes.

drftwel
Car: 1990 240sx hatch w/built SR20DET

Frsport.com is a good site to browse wheels, you can browse by size,width, offset, lug pattern, and also you can start all this browsing by selecting to shop by "brands" at the top right of the homepage...... On most weds or JDM wheels they even tell you the size of the lips... But as far as the weights, good luck bro...... Occasionally they list how much certain lines of wheels weigh, but mainly the lighter racing type wheels.... Haven't noticed any weights on VIP wheels unfortunately.... I have never called, but maybe if you narrow down your handful of favorites after browsing the hundreds of sick wheels and figure out what offset and so forth you desire , you could call and ask the what the weights of the wheels are so you can find out how much shipping will cost to where you live with various shipping companies like UPS vs. FedEx , ect. :woot:

coolchuck
Car: 11 M37s, 04 E55

Thanks for the ideas. I'm gonna check out that site.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Also, a good rule of thumb, unfortunately, is you get what you pay for.

Legit wheels from a major brand cost more - plain and simple.

Keep an eye on ebay and Craigslist, there's always something cool popping up. I'm curious to see what you come up with!

Return to “VIP Forum”