JDM to USDM license plate adaptors

A forum for approved vendors of specialized, limited-production parts. Help small businesses that cater to Nissan enthusiasts and score some unique, useful parts! Contact [email protected] for approval and rates.
derux

When I first got my hako the license plate was only held on be one bolt. I looked into why and noticed that the Japanese license plate holes are wider then the US plates. I didn't want to drill hole in my plate and I also wanted to run a license plate frame. So I made a set of these brackets to mount my plate. I have now redesigned them and made them out of aluminum. I think these take them to the next level.

These version 2 brackets are made from 2024 aluminum and come with all the screws to install them on the back of a imported japanese car. The screws are M6 which the standard thread size for JDM cars. I also bought a Subaru Impreza and it had holes for JDM plates and little marks for the USMD plates to drill holes for mounting. I am not drilling holes in my front bumper cover. So I made sure I made a kit for this car too. I used a nutsert for plastic to have something to thread into. If I was to just use nuts on the back I would have to take my bumper covers off. This nutsert holds very well. In the last picture you can see the little mark where the USDM plate would mount. The front kit will include a bolt and nut to install the nutsert.

I know that other people that need this for there cars. These are $35 shipped for a rear kit and $37 shipped for a front kit in the USA. PM in you need a set.

Stop the drilling.
This ad is Greg approved
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: CLOSED

cobb2819

Howdy, cannot send a PM due to new user status, but I was wondering if there is still a set of these (rear kit) available.

mamgbeck
Car: 1991 240sx

Have any brackets available?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

mamgbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm
Welcome to NICO!

While we'd like everyone to keep their For Sale threads current, few people actually do. As a rule of thumb, if the thread is a year or more older (as this one is), and there's been no recent activity from the Original Poster, you should consider the item(s) as no longer available (SOLD). In this case the OP was last active on Wed Nov 09, 2016 (almost 15 months ago), so I wouldn't wait for a response.

derux

Rogue One wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:58 pm
mamgbeck wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm
Welcome to NICO!

While we'd like everyone to keep their For Sale threads current, few people actually do. As a rule of thumb, if the thread is a year or more older (as this one is), and there's been no recent activity from the Original Poster, you should consider the item(s) as no longer available (SOLD). In this case the OP was last active on Wed Nov 09, 2016 (almost 15 months ago), so I wouldn't wait for a response.
Rouge one,

I have made a few batchs since this thread was made but you are correct that I am all sold out. Many other people have made items like mine and have put them on ebay. Some are just metal strip and others a 3d printed plastic. All are cheaper cost wise then mine. So I have stopped making them.

Return to “Fabricators' Market”