JDM_J30_tx slow build thread

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
JDM_J30_tx
Car: Pearl White 96' Infiniti J30

Interior:

L.E.D. Interior lights
Stock Interior

Exterior:

Mtec Hyper White Headlight
Nokya 2500k Super Yellow bulbs for Custom Fog Lights
Limo Tint on the rear and rear side windows 20% on front windows
Infiniti G35 17' Rims
Painted Ruby Red Blinkers

Performance:

K&N Airfilter
Forza Medallion Exhaust
Megan Racing Coilovers

Sound system:

Single DIN Sony Xplode Radio

Future Plans

- Type R lip kit (Acquired)
- Custom Toyota Camary Rear Lip (Researching)

Thanks for looking :dblthumb:
Last edited by JDM_J30_tx on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:01 am, edited 9 times in total.

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

Nice wheels.

Where did you get the center infiniti hubs?

StevieRaySTL
Car: 1990 Q45 w/ NicoECU, 1993 J30 w/ x-flow, 1997 Toyota Landcruiser

--If you look close they aren't actually Infiniti logos, they look like Lexus logos inside of an oval. The wheels arent my cup of tea, I'd prolly run the stock 't' model meshies if I were going that direction, but hey to each his own right? Car looks real clean, the tints look great. Welcome to Nico, its Nice.

JDM_J30_tx

Yeah been here for a short while just needed to get picks of the car up on here. They are Lexus rims. I have been asked umteen times about the logos on the wheels.

Car has the bose CD player screwing upp as all the other cars on here as well. I am gonna go with an indash DVD/CD/MP3/Tuner combo sometime soon. It will be slow progress but progress non the less.

JDM_J30_tx

Ok I just ordered a set of Mtec Xenon HID Cosmo s Blue 9006 Headlights, Nokya 9006 Artic Hyper Yellow Headlights to go in exsisting High beam location, and Hyper White L.E.D. lights for full interior light make over and Licence Plate light ugrade... Should have more pics up in a week.

I am really psyched up to see how the headlights come out as I am gonna run both my low and high beam at the same time all the time. Both headlight bulbs are 9006s' and are listed to have a rating of 55W.

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

Low and high headlights are different part #'s AND wattage.
Sweet lookin' ride Neighbor !!!

JDM_J30_tx

Correct I am going to intergrate a 9006 in place of the 9005 and bulb wattage is going to be at 55W. I have been looking into this for a while now...

Should look different and stand out in a crowd of other J30's. I am most certain of it!

EriCCirE
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

Your front bumper is pushed in. It should line up with the hood. The hood should not overhang.

JDM_J30_tx

Yeah... I have to get a new FB support as you stated it was pushed in. Car rear ended someone at 5 miles an hour before I got it....

Everything will be better looking soon. All in due time.

lino
Car: 1991 Q45a Fed-Spec, IQP/White, Texasoil 9 Accumulator Recharge, '93 TCU 1st Gear Start, JWFSB, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, BBS Forged Wheels, DRLs, Silverstars, Tint, Very Well Serviced.

Looks great :dblthumb: Love to see some interior pics.

JDM_J30_tx

Try to get some good ones this weekend. Heading to a nissan car meet here in texas. If any texas J30s' are interested PM me for detils.

swimshark
Car: Bamboo Mist 1994 Infiniti J30 Soon to RIPs

Pearl White 1993 Infiniti J30 Project Ghost

looks nice and clean. wheels looks good on it too.

the white J30 is what im going after next. manual swapped, slammed and blacked out.

David C
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30, 2006 Ninja ZX-6R

JDM_J30_tx, where is the Nissan/Infiniti meet?

JDM_J30_tx

@ swimshark... I am actually looking into blackhousing the chrome around the projectors to a charcoal grey metalic and amber out the parking light. Not to sure how it is gonna turn out so I am gonna buy a pair of each at the junker and Test it out and see the difference.

@ David C... Here is a link... http://texasnissans.com/tx/forums/showt ... hp?t=13194

JDM_J30_tx

OK. I got one of my 5 packages in today. Hopefully I will get three more in tommorrow. Supposedly my Mtec Headlighs were shipped from Cali 2 days ago along with my Nokya Stage 1 2500K yellow low beam headlights. I also have a Junction Produce window decal coming in from Houston as well.

Also in the works I am going to be doing a little something something as a DIY here as soon when I get the reast of my LEDs' in.... Lets just say the interior is gonna POP!

JDM_J30_tx

Installed the Mtec headlights and I was gonna put the 9006s' in the highbeam location but thats a no go. So new idea. I am gonna try and retro fit these into the location known as the blinker and make some custom fogs.

Super White Dome light is in as well! Just need my 20 other Super whites to come in and I am gonna go to town on the J replacing all the Lights and doing an LED Gauge Bezel.

Also did the First oil change and installed an indash single DIN Xplode radio today. Alot was done to the J to prep her fo the car meet tommorrow.

JDM_J30_tx

And when I got homw I got a sticker in that I ordered....

JDM_J30_tx

JDM_J30_tx

Bulbs are 9006 Hyper Yellow lights. They will be taking the place of the blinkers. How you ask?

They will be going into the exsistic place with these cute and trimmed Blinker bulb housing.

Mach up pic.....

Image.

Full DIY will be coming soon... :)

jdurrty
Car: j30

Those fog lights are going to be epic, but with how hot those bulbs get and how little room there is inside of that housing I wouldn't be surprised if they melt everything in sight. Good luck though and don't forget to post pictures when completed!

swimshark
Car: Bamboo Mist 1994 Infiniti J30 Soon to RIPs

Pearl White 1993 Infiniti J30 Project Ghost

put a part number list up and where the bulbs go. looks good. do you have regular halogen bulbs in the tail lights?

JDM_J30_tx

I just hit up ebay and bought 2 packs (10 bulb count) of 194 Led bulbs. Tail lights have stock bulbs none were touched.
All light in the interior were changed. Lights located in the door were changed, Trunk light, and parkiing lights were able to accomodate the 194 bulbs. Dome light is a different strory light number was 3175 and it has 4 leds on it that has a very bright light output.

I am going to head to Autozone to get a Foglight instillation kit and see if the have 9006 Headlight connections as I want to see these fog lights on my car already.

@ Jdurrty how did you get the blinkers in the parking light area. Did you just splice the blinker and parking light wires together? I am not wanting to sacrifice not having a parking light just to relocate the blinkers in that location. Thanks

JDM_J30_tx

Dome Light.....

All other interior lights....

JDM_J30_tx

Parts needed for install...
9006 Bulb and bulb connections....

End result...

I will try and wake up early enough tonight to wake up and take pics before I go to work and post em' tonight....

jdurrty

I took the bulb and harness from the turn signal and ran them up to the fog light location. Then I took the fog light and used a dremel to make a hole big enough for the turn signal bulb to fit in and then epoxied everything into place. I like this location better because the turn signal can be seen from the front and the side rather than just the front.

As for losing fog lights, I went and picked up a set of generic fog lights from autozone and rigged them with some 3000k hids. These along with my 6000k 55w hids in the headlights made night turn into day. You can see them in the picture below covered in mud after a day of shooting in the desert.

Thanks to falling debris from a landscaping truck, these lights are no longer with me so now I am working on a new set up including some 20watt leds. I just need to get my optics calculations right before I start building, but taking half a dozen math and engineering classes this semester limits my free time which is usually spent chasing all the sorority girls. So this project may take a while lol

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

So what are you using for turn signals?

yodawill2000

What is normally the marker lights,
Makes sense as you can see them from the front AND side.
:chuckle:
Amber blinking bulb and your legal !!
:dblthumb:

yodawill2000

What is normally the marker lights,
Makes sense as you can see them from the front AND side.
:chuckle:
Amber blinking bulb and your legal !!
:dblthumb:

jdurrty

blinker off:

blinker on:

JDM_J30_tx

Still trying to work that one out right now. I am wanting to splice the parking and blinker lights together so I am gonna try and get that going tommorrow morning. Watching a 3 year old and trying to stay awake after working all night it is a little difficult. lol!

I will have better night pics up in about 20 minutes. uploading them to photobucket right now.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”