JDM ENGINE DEPOT- RIPPOFF

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
BUDDYL
Car: MIata

Guys,

Wish I would have checked your site before I did business with these guys.. They shipped me an engine.. The 1.8 Miata engine from Japan of course needed some things changed on it like the Manifold, both exhaust and intake for one.. The engine would not start. Found out later that the cams were totally out of sync.. No way this engine was running when it left Japan.

On top of that now that I have it finally running it has low or no oil pressure on start up.. You rev it and the oil pressure gauge suddenly reads as it should.. My guess is that I now have to change the oil pump as well.

Turns out the whole deal sucks..

Called them, and they pretty much said that that was not covered under the 60 day warranty.. So if I was irresponsible and simply drove the car it would possibly have siezed .. That would be covered.. They did not even want to consider sending an oil pump or anything for that matter.

HU12
Car: 1990 Nissan Stanza (KA24e)

I don't trust these guys that say " Taken outta (whatever car) and imported directly to the US. I always try to find the engine around me and check it out in person or have someone i know do it for me. Or just find a engine thats rebuildable. Is this the company that makes videos of the comp. tests for ebay ?

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

A buddy of mine had a "4age from a Trueno" shipped to him. He called me over to look at it and within a couple seconds I told him that was from a Corolla here in the states. He asked how I knew and I told him the giant MAF was a dead give away.

nevertheless
Car: 1993 240sx hatch
1995 Nissan D21

I would never buy from overseas just out of word of mouth and personal experience. I got an sr20 from Malaysia "Mr Jdm" and think god I was doing a rebuild because the thing was not going to be a key-start swap.

Return to “Others”