JD Power Survey

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Raiden9
Car: M35 Sport

Just got it in the mail, and I was going to say something about the soft paint. Any other items I need to mention?

The only other complaint is I wish they had chosen a longer lasting tire for the 19" Sport. Treadware Rating of 140, lol. There are a couple of decent tires with 220-250 treadwear or better. Will anyone out there seriously replace the original tires with a 140 just to get the extra performance?

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

The Drivers Seats slides a little...Also they did the dumbest things with the software; you cant use the driver memory to switch between different cell phones, you have to do that manually... Having differn settings for audio settings for each input source would have been a good idea also;

Heated seats are useless, this should be noted as whats the point of waiting on the engine to warm up, and even then, they are not like most other heated seats; cooled seats work pretty decent in the summer.

IM4UMIA
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

My drivers seat nudges slighty as well, but only upon fast acceleration and hard breaking. It is very bothersome and potentially dangerous as it causes a sudden and unexpected disorientation at a critical time. The last thing on my mind while maneuvering at high speed or breaking quickly is that my body will physically move! A distraction that you are not prepared for is very dangerous. The fact that this distraction is generated by the drivers own seat is definitely cause for concern.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

IM4UMIA wrote:My drivers seat nudges slighty as well, but only upon fast acceleration and hard breaking. ........A distraction that you are not prepared for is very dangerous. The fact that this distraction is generated by the drivers own seat is definitely cause for concern.
The bad news its only gets worse!Mine started like that, and now you can move it by shifting your body weight; The Infiniti people say this is normal, and no hope for a repair;

There is a little trick, if you move the seat all the way back, it seems to lock much tighter; if its anything less than the full back position the movement is very noticible;

We really need to have a number of people complain to infiniti in order for a repair to be done. they just dont seem to understand (or care) right now...tk

M35+
Car: M35 Sport Diamond Graphite/Stone Alum, w/Journey, Tech, Aero

I'm thankful my seat is secure.

I once had that movement in my Passat and it drove me nuts.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

tkeskic wrote: Having differn settings for audio settings for each input source would have been a good idea also;
What is it that makes them unable to come up with better setting control? I can say that this NAV/screen system is way better than my 2004 FX35. I'm happy with that BUT it just seems like it would be simple to add some flexibility in.

I've seem similar dumb design in other products. Like various aftermarket DVD deck units for my old car. The iPOD control would only show the first 8 or 10 characters of songs/artists and not even scroll. A 7" screen and only 8 characters.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Regarding the seat thing, why dont you guys just get in there and try to fix it yourself..... I think its probably a simple bolt that hold the seat to the frame of the car..... those are easy to get and easy to check!!! You dont need to bother infiniti about EVERY little problem! I mean, yes you did buy a 60k car, but complaining will likely get you nowhere... You may whine and complain for 6 motnhs and STILL have the same problem...

Just go check it out, it may be an easy fix like I said above. If its not, well then, you can then take it back to the dealer and then tell them you tried to tighten the bolts that hold the seat down and that did not fix it, so its somewhere in the seat rail.

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Good morning,

I am real interested in your comment about the 19" sport tires. What does "140" mean in terms of appx. mileage? I looked up the price of these tires on Tire Rack, and I just about hit the floor.

I took my car with a 24-month lease on it. It will be interesting to see if I can turn it in with the orginal sneakers on it

Also, as an aside, on my M35 Sport, I do nt have any problem with the driver's seat moving. It is rock solid in any position. HOWEVER, the Bluetooth connect to my phone is poor. 7 out of 10 calls stink. !!!! I have another car with Bluetooth and 8 out of 10 calls are good to great. PS: I do love the car though.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

the treadwear basically tells people how fast the tires are going to wear out... Remember that very few tires are still "good" (perform as new) with over 20k on them..... YOu might as well replace them anyway!!! After 20k miles (1.5 years) teh rubber starts to become dry rotted (especially on the inside, oxygen under pressure).....

If you had a tire with 200 treadwear, on the same car that tire would wear out 2x as fast as a 400 treadwear.....

80% of a cars handling is determined by the shoes it wears... You bought a car expecting the best handling, and theres no free lunch in this regard..... You cant find a tire that lasts over 20k, will perform as it was new, and expect it to last a really long time..... Just aint gonna happen!

tkeskic

elwesso wrote:After 20k miles (1.5 years) teh rubber starts to become dry rotted (especially on the inside, oxygen under pressure).....
You can however use Nitrigen to fill them in place of air, and it works much better, this also almost elimates the expansion and contraction due to temp, and the nitrogen doesnt leak our of the tire near as much.

You can buy a nitogen generator for home, or some places (like cosco here in Canada) offer it when then replace tires...

It something to look into if you want that added performance, and extra tire life...tk

tkeskic

What to learn more about nitrogen in your tires compared to air?http://www.whynitrofill.com/contact.htm

From the above website for a quick overview:Why Inflate with NitroFill™?Compressed air is your tire’s worst enemy. Air is about 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 1% other. Nitrogen is inert, non combustible and non corrosive. Oxygen, on the other hand, is immensely destructive to rubber and other tire materials. As soon as a tire is manufactured and exposed to air, the effects of “oxidation” begin to deteriorate the rubber. Over time it loses its elasticity and strength, just like an old rubber band you’ve probably found around your home. This same process occurs in tires inflated with air as the oxygen attacks the rubber molecules, working from the inside out, until the oxygen, and it destructive properties, permeates the tire structure and ultimately the tread.

Is All Nitrogen Gas Equal?No, the purity of nitrogen available from nitrogen generators generally ranges from 95% (low purity) to 99.9% (high purity). NitroFill™ generators can produce nitrogen in excess of 99.9% purity and provide the procedures to guarantee a minimum of 95% purity in the serviced tire, which is the minimum allowable purity that must be maintained in the tire to enjoy the benefits that nitrogen provides. Few generator manufacturers currently discuss this mandatory 95% threshold, as few are able to consistently provide the required purity to achieve it. Never take chances with your safety, ask for Nitrofill™ by name.

Will NitroFill™ improve the performance of the Tire Pressure Monitoring System on my vehicle?Yes. NitroFill™ will help maintain proper inflation in your tires and reduce the number of faults detected by the TPMS.

Do I still need to check tire pressure?Yes. But, you will find the tire pressure to be more consistent, even during dramatic temperature changes.

Should I put NitroFill™ in my spare tire?Absolutely! Your spare tire is the most neglected tire on your vehicle, and if you need it you certainly want it to be fully inflated. Because Nitrofill™ dramatically slows the normal loss of pressure through permeation, your spare tire will hold its proper pressure over a much longer period of time than if it was filled with regular air.

Is NitroFill™ compatible with my internal tire balancing product [powder, beads, fluid]?Absolutely, in fact, you couldn't find a better operating environment for an internal tire balancing product than a tire filled with NitroFill™, due to its dry, inert qualities.

What do I do if I have to add air and NitroFill™ isn’t readily available? Don’t worry about it. The addition of, or mixing with, normal air has no effect on your tire beyond the adverse effects you avoid by using NitroFill™ in the first place. If you ever have to add regular air, in any amount, simply return to your NitroFill™ dealer at your earliest convenience and have him purge and refill the tire with NitroFill™.

Why haven’t tire stores offered nitrogen inflation before now?In the past, the equipment needed to produce nitrogen was large and very expensive. The only alternative for stores was to use high-pressure nitrogen bottles which were also expensive and a safety hazard. Instead of using stored nitrogen, NitroFill™ takes advantage of new technology that allows nitrogen to be separated from air. This process is done economically under low pressure and results in highly pure nitrogen product that provides amazing benefits.

Is nitrogen a safety hazard?No. Nitrogen is an inert, noncombustible, nonflammable, noncorrosive gas. In fact, those are big reasons why nitrogen is used to fill the tires of vehicles that push performance limits under extreme conditions, including Formula One racers and heavy machinery.

Sam K
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37xS - Platinum Graphite/Graphite - Premium/Navigation/Technology/Sport

You also need to keep in mind that you can't compare treadwear ratings across manufacturers. This means that a tire from one manufacturer with a treadwear rating of 240 will not necessarily last as long as a tire with the same rating from another manufacturer.

Tirerack has a good explanation of treadwear ratings on their site. Here's a link.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...id=48

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Sam K wrote:You also need to keep in mind that you can't compare treadwear ratings across manufacturers. This means that a tire from one manufacturer with a treadwear rating of 240 will not necessarily last as long as a tire with the same rating from another manufacturer.
Absolutely true!! You can only compare within the same manufacturers brands.

Also keep in mind that 19" tires (for the M35/45 Sport models) will be more expensive, in general, than 18" tires. There are more brands and models available in 18" and thus lower cost alternatives exist. But, in my opinion, using a poor tire will significantly compromise the M's performance (braking and handling), so choose tires with care! This is one area where I would not suggest scrimping too much ... make sure that the speed rating and load index values are appropriate!

I am currently using Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires in a 245/45-18 size, with a load index of 100W, on my 2003 M45 and these are excellent tires. They do cost nearly $250 each though.

By the way, for the older 2003/2004 M45's I have an Excel spreadsheet of available tire options and can e-mail this to anyone who wants a copy - (e-mail me with a request.) I have not yet added the new 2006 M35/45 Sport models (with the 19" tires), but will do that soon.

Z

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yes Im sorry I didnt make that clear... However, IMO the treadwear ratings are kind of worthless to me..... I go by what the reviews say, and by how people like them..... Most street tires, even max performance summer, will last 15k miles assuming good alignment and minimal drifting and rotations... Regardless, one can say that a 400 treadwear tire, regardless of brand, will last longer than a 150 tread wear tire...

Most important thing is to chose based on the compound, and I dont know that much about that stuff, which is why i rely on tirerack and the tire forum right here on NICO.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”