jarambulo's new/old rims!!!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
jarambulo
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL

Hi guys,

I just bought me some rims with tires for $250.00. The rims are 18" Konig and come with fairly new performance tires. They're not in excellent condition but the price was right...can't beat that!

I'll be putting these on this week...hopefully.

Let me know what you guys think. I was also looking to paint these black.

5/31: Finally put these babies on last night!!! Looks great on the V. Only problem I'm experiencing is the shaking of the steering wheel. It might be the tires...might new new treads. When I had the stock Nissan rims the breaks seem to be fine until when I changed the rims...

Can someone tell me the problem?

Also, I debadged it last week...looks sick!

Modified by jarambulo at 11:17 PM 5/31/2008

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

4 225-40-18 tires for 250 bucks alone is a great deal, even used. Plus wheels is even better!

jarambulo

MinisterofDOOM wrote:4 225-40-18 tires for 250 bucks alone is a great deal, even used. Plus wheels is even better!

jarambulo

Peep out the new look!

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

owow!!!

hope you find out what the shaking is being caused by... hope it's not a bent wheel...

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

$250?

Johniboi
Car: Versa

wer it ASAP!.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

If you plan on painting 'em black, you might as well just take off the tires and toss 'em. Good chance that's where your shimmy is coming from, anyway.

The problem you described could be an out of balance or out of round tire. Either case, tossing the old tires will fix it. If it's just balance, they could rebalance the wheels and that would fix it.

But if you're going to paint them, you should pull them off so you can either media blast or at the very least sand the whole wheel so the paint will stick right (and not to the tires, either).

This will also allow you better inspection of the lip of the rim to make sure it's not bent inward or anything funky like that.

jarambulo

Ever Victorious wrote:If you plan on painting 'em black, you might as well just take off the tires and toss 'em. Good chance that's where your shimmy is coming from, anyway.

The problem you described could be an out of balance or out of round tire. Either case, tossing the old tires will fix it. If it's just balance, they could rebalance the wheels and that would fix it.

But if you're going to paint them, you should pull them off so you can either media blast or at the very least sand the whole wheel so the paint will stick right (and not to the tires, either).

This will also allow you better inspection of the lip of the rim to make sure it's not bent inward or anything funky like that.
Ever Victorious wrote:If you plan on painting 'em black, you might as well just take off the tires and toss 'em. Good chance that's where your shimmy is coming from, anyway.

Very good point...

BTW...do you know how much it would cost to have them check it out possibly balance and then some?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Last balance job I had done on a car cost me $50. And that was a pretty good deal, considering they had to scrape out about 30 pounds of thick, Oregon mud off of the back of each wheel that I couldn't blast out with the power hose after bogging.

t19uz

i guess its quite cheap, GOOD DEAL DUDE ! and dont forget to balanced ur rims without the tires.

jarambulo

Thanks to everyone I had them balanced and it's running in great condition!!! yeahhhhhh!!!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”