Jack points on 09 Coupe

All things Altima Coupe.
kruuth

Where do I stick my hydraulic jack to lift up my AC? I don't want to bend the frame. Do I just do it inside where the little notches are for he scissor jack?

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

I would lift it on the same jack points and just make sure that the "teeth" on the floor jack aren't digging directly into any part of the frame. In other words, make sure the load is balanced on the contact point.

kruuth

I've got one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/rapid-pump ... 68048.html

I'm trying to not bend the frame. What do you suggest?

AlexN09
Car: 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S

That's exactly what I had in mind when reading your post. you can lift under the suspension arms or axles but you have got to make sure that it's very stable if you're getting any body part under the car. I would put one of those under the frame and lift very slowly once you make contact and keep the contact evenly loaded between the teeth on your jack.

Rmuth25
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5s CVT [Premium & Tech Packages]

I think you would def bend the pinch weld if you put your floor jack at the same points for the stock scissors jack. In fact, my pinch welds are bent and separating and thats only from using the scissor jack so many times. It is a super pain to get the welds to line up into the grooves of the scissors jack. . .

However, all that being said, if you are jacking up the front, there is a part of the body that is right behind the each of the front wheels and in a little bit thats a perfect spot to put a floor jack on

beeristasty
Car: 07 Altima 3.5 SE

Pic below is for the sedan but should be relevant to the coupe as well. Double check your manual. Never lift at the pinch weld if you're going underneath - jack up in the locations below and place jack stands at the reinforced pinch weld area. A piece of wood on top of the floor jack's saddle will help protect things if the saddle has teeth.

Remember: safety first, unless you want to be modding a minivan with a ramp (or worse)...

AlexM.
Car: 2010 2.5 Altima Coupe Super Black

Rmuth25 wrote:In fact, my pinch welds are bent and separating and thats only from using the scissor jack so many times.
I thought I was the only one lol

andremike
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe V6
2012 Nissan Maxima

I need put my car on 4 jack stands.. Where are the proper points?

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”