j30 Radio Connector

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
juiceman

93 J30

I have read alot about the radio probs on this car and now mine stopped working. Everyonce in a while I can get it to work or when I make a sharp turn the speakers sound like they want ot work. I read something on the old site that mentioned a connector problem. Can anyone clarify this. I just want to see If I can save myself a couple of hundred on the repair

Thanks!

pitaq

I've sent the Bose (Clarion) head unit out for repair in my '93 J30 a total of 4 times in the past 6 years.

Every single time it was bad connections inside the unit, nothing to do with the harnesses. One time there was also a need to replace the CD laser pickup.

alexhho

pitaq wrote:I've sent the Bose (Clarion) head unit out for repair in my '93 J30 a total of 4 times in the past 6 years.

Every single time it was bad connections inside the unit, nothing to do with the harnesses. One time there was also a need to replace the CD laser pickup.

Where did you send your stock Bose unit out for replacement and how much? My 97 J30's radio will only play cds and not any of my cdrs. Just wondering how much it would be to replace the laser unit.

Return to “General Chat”