J30 Owners Check in!

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
vishesh
Car: '95 Infiniti J30

Yo. Just checking in here. Got a '95 champagne-color J30 with beige interior. Looking to build up my auto-skills with a few basic mods and general maintenance at first, then move up to more heavy duty stuff.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to our club!! Sounds like you got a real ncie J !!!

vishesh
Car: '95 Infiniti J30

Well before I "inherited" the car from my dad, he didn't treat it all that well. By that, I mean that the car has a dent on the front left fender and a tear (yes--a tear) in the front right fender from getting caught on a concrete plant pot while backing out of the driveway.

Mechanically the car is in good shape. Last I checked I am getting 22mph from a combination of highway/city driving. The car makes an unusually loud "growling" noise which I think is coming from a hole somewhere in the exhaust system underneath.

I don't have a lot of mechanical experience, but have done some basic electrical, cosmetic, and maintenance work.

Things I've done recently:- topped off the R-134a coolant using a kit from PepBoys- installed cold cathode sound-sensitive tubes around the interior (below seats)- replacing front brake pads

I still like the oomph that I can get from the car when I need it, though it revs higher than I would like. Might be needing some more minor maintenance or a tune-up. It packs a punch, and the RWD lets me fishtail by accelerating through turns, which is always fun. Not good for the tires, but fun.

450zxtt
Car: 1993 450zxtt,1977 280z

i would like to see some of the j owners stepping up the power...yes,you can install a five speed,and yes,you can install a vg30dett.vh45de(tt) is also an option.our 450zxtt(z32 with q45 engine w/twin turbos) is a blast.i would be happy to advise or participate in any project of this nature,assuming you are for real.i'd also love to help with any ??? pertaining to the subject,as long as they arent "can you.....?".yes,you can.450zxttvh45dett power,baby.

1993TanJ30
Car: 1993 J30

450zxtt:

Please hit up our thread in this forum entitled "High Power Mods For the J30" and post, let me know what you think!

Thanks! PS: Badass ride!

Big Tone
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

What's up people? I'm nwe to the forum and just bought a 1993 J30 on Saturday with only 46k miles! Got a great price, too.

Anyway, I have a couple questions:1) is Infiniti the only place I can get a master key and remote? I have a wallet key and a remote, but want the master key and another remote so I can have the wallet key for a spare.

2) My trunk won't stay open. It looks like there are hooks that have been unhooked. Anyone know how to fix this?

3) My airbag light keeps flashing. What service needs to be done, or what can I do to get the light off?

4) I really like those Xenon lights. Where's the cheapest place I can find them?

I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to participating regularly. My car is really clean and runs great. The only issues I have with it are those listed above. Everything else works great!

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

Big Tone wrote:What's up people? I'm nwe to the forum and just bought a 1993 J30 on Saturday with only 46k miles! Got a great price, too.

Anyway, I have a couple questions:1) is Infiniti the only place I can get a master key and remote? I have a wallet key and a remote, but want the master key and another remote so I can have the wallet key for a spare.

2) My trunk won't stay open. It looks like there are hooks that have been unhooked. Anyone know how to fix this?

3) My airbag light keeps flashing. What service needs to be done, or what can I do to get the light off?

4) I really like those Xenon lights. Where's the cheapest place I can find them?

I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to participating regularly. My car is really clean and runs great. The only issues I have with it are those listed above. Everything else works great!
Welcome to NICO!!!

Some Answers:

(1.) Master Key is Infiniti only, may be cheaper to get a new ignition installed. Remotes can be found on Ebay. If you run a search you'll come across numerous posts on how to program the remote.

(3.) That's a serious problem. Take it to a Nissan/Infiniti dealer. I would recommend a tow. You shouldn't be driving around with the airbag light on. The airbag has the potential to deploy at any moment causing you to have an accident. Have them scan the ECU for codes.

(4.) You can't get Xenon lights fpr the J' but Osram-Sylvania makes Cool Blues (same effect as Xenons) and Silvertstars for the J. Check there website for the fitament guide. Buy the correct voltage otherwise to low or too much will screw up the electricals on your headlights (and its off to the delear you go).

Big Tone

Thanks! I'm going to call an Infiniti dealer in my area for info on that light and also for the key and trunk to get an idea of cost. The key will probably be too expensive, though.

Big Tone

Here are a couple pics of my J30!

Big Tone

Here's another:

Big Tone

Here's the engine:

Big Tone

And finally the interior:

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Big Tone wrote:What's up people? I'm nwe to the forum and just bought a 1993 J30 on Saturday with only 46k miles! Got a great price, too.

1. agree with driver2. Re-attach them? There are tension rods that move against the trunk to kepe it up, not really sure how its put together..3. Its possibly in diagnostic mode. Put the key in the ignition, turn it ON (engine not running), press the door switch (on the B pillar, below the latch) at least 10 times within 10 seconds of turnning on the ignition, and it should go off....4. i wonder if the drop in ones from ebay will go in?

Big Tone

elwesso wrote:
1. agree with driver2. Re-attach them? There are tension rods that move against the trunk to kepe it up, not really sure how its put together..3. Its possibly in diagnostic mode. Put the key in the ignition, turn it ON (engine not running), press the door switch (on the B pillar, below the latch) at least 10 times within 10 seconds of turnning on the ignition, and it should go off....4. i wonder if the drop in ones from ebay will go in?
Could you describe this door switch a little more? I'm at work right now and am having trouble picturing/understanding your directions. Fyi, I haven't the slightest idea what a B pillar is. Is this located on the door?

Also, I just called the Infiniti dealer near my house and they said the 'platinum" master key will run me $135, but they can do an aluminum key for $15! I also need a remote, but I'll probably get that off of eBay unless they can do that for a reasonable price, too.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Here you go!!!

Big Tone

Thanks Wes! I'll give that a try tonight.

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

That fixed mine ..Should do yours too ..Seems the puter gets in a loop under the right conditions ..the hitting the door switch 10 times quickly works to reset the circuit ..

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

yodawill2000 wrote:That fixed mine ..Should do yours too ..Seems the puter gets in a loop under the right conditions ..the hitting the door switch 10 times quickly works to reset the circuit ..
yes and even unplugging the battery overnight will not fix this!!! Sometimes it just randomly goes into the self test mode.....

Big Tone

It worked! I also grabbed a set of Silver Stars tonight. Nice!

I just bought the car Saturday and thought it was great. I got my oil changed and put a new air filter in and it's even better now! Much more power than before. I was reading another thread on increasing the MPG. I'll probably start working on that over the next week or so. I doubt I'll do any modding, though. The only thing I may change are the rims if I can find a good deal on a set.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Big Tone wrote:I doubt I'll do any modding, though.
Ah HA! We have a spark, now all we need to do is dump some gas on there for it to explode...

it will start with getting the car back up to 100% factory spec, then youll add some rims and tint, then youll toy with the exhaust system, then youll want it to handle better, then youll need more power.... By the time your done youll end up with the coolest J on the planet...

If you like your J and dont intend on modding it, I suggest limiting your posting here because we will only enourage those "evil and deceptive" thoughts..... Thats how its worked with my Q... When i was doing te brakes, i thought, ill just do the pads and rotors, then i thought, why notdo Z32 brakes... When I did the suspenison, i thought ill just do the springs, but then why not do all the suspension components too? When i did the wheels, I wanted some 350Z wheels, but why not get the FORGED rays track wheels???

Once you get into these cars and how easy they are to mod, you will NEVER stop! Its a contageous disease and I fear you've already started to show the beginning phases of said illness!!!

Big Tone

You might be right! My primary goal right now is to get it back to 100%. For the next month or so I'll have my hands full just handling the basics. I need to get my front and rear bumpers painted and the hood, too. I need to get my trunk issue corrected (shouldn't cost me anything, though), and get my trans serviced.

I'm not too knowledgable regarding mechanics so I don't know how deep into this I'll get. I don't even know how to change my oil or brakes! Anything I do I'll have to pay someone else for labor. Who knows., maybe I'll come across a tutorial! My wife caught me online looking at rims Sunday and she's already fussing.

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

Wes ..Your evil and wise at the same time !!!! LMAO

I wanna get my suspension issue sorted out ..Then get a high end tranny cooler ...Then put some spray on this toy ...

And its all NICO's Fault !!!! nuk nuk

Just jokin ... Gotta pay bills before I play with the J ..

1997infinitiJ30

new one.1997 infiniti J30

diamond
Car: Wife's Daily driver is J30 , 58 Cheby Sport Sedan Lowrider is my style .

welcome to the board.d

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

1997infinitiJ30 wrote:new one.1997 infiniti J30
WELCOME to nico!!

japmankvn91
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30

96 J30 150K beige on tan checkin' in glad to see there's more people who love there J30's

mJeep

I just purchased a 93 Infiniti J30 and it's great! Under 70K miles on it still and runs great. Here's my check-in. I can't wait to buy a couple keyless entry remotes off eBay or someplace.

Wildcat
Car: Softball, Basketball

1995 J-30 167k checking in

Ray G
Car: 95 Infiniti J30, 98 Infiniti QX-4, 96 Viper GTS Roe Supercharged

95 J30t just purchased, actually supposed to be delivered to my house later today. I don't even have the car yet and I've already ordered the wood dash from bartman industries. Any suggestions on sites to find engine mods for sale?

Sean Paul
Car: 1997 Infinity J30

New owner checkin in! '97 Black on beige. Pics commin' soon. I LUV THIS CAR! I'm afraid I will catch the modding disease.

But thats ok!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”