J30 ECU PIN OUT

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Losangelesmr2
Car: Infiniti j30

I have a diagram from the 1996 j30 repair manual but it is vague, if anyone can send me a picture of the actual ecu directly at the pins.

Im trying to see why my speedometer is not sending a signal to my ecu, When i connect my obd2 scanner gauge it shows 0 mph the first day i used it it was actually working it was a miracle and it felt so good being able to see statistics like mpg I had just installed brand new injectors all around and I was getting 22 mpg at 40mph I imagine it would be better on the highway it drops down to about 6-8 when first moving from 0 to speed its amazing how much gas it uses at just 1/8 of a throttle makes me wonder why people would want to make their cars hundreds of horsepower.

Also the code I'm getting is P0500 the speedometer works fine and the cruise control works great too I never have an issue with either

Also Im getting a P0443 I would like a picture of where the hoses connect to from the charcoal canister please I would really appreciate it the manual doesnt show any pictures that are at all understandable only because theyre so vague and undetailed. I would like a picture or someones cars charcoal canister and its hoses connecting to the solenoid thats why Im getting the code. I would like to see where the hose from the solenoid goes into I think it is the throttle body but Im trying to figure out why its setting the code in the first place. Thank you

God Bless

Respectfully,
LosAngelesMr2

MR2 for sale to interested people
PM

Losangelesmr2

Its alright guys I think I figured it out It randomly started working after with wasnt working for a few minutes and I hope it stays working.

jertapper
Car: 1996 J30

EC-87 of the FSM shows the ECM terminal layout. Is that what you mean?

Losangelesmr2

I think what I was trying to say is which pin from the speedometer goes to pin 29 in the ecu. I want to check so that I can see the speedo is malfunctioning or the ecm is malfunctioning because 1 in 10 starts the speed sensor works its so random. I need it to pass systems readiness which I did a few days ago as in i had all ready and it just deleted itself. I dno what happened. egr and catalyst and o2 sensor all restarted

Elm327 is an amazing device its only 8 dollars and offers so much information. with an android phone only 8 dollars

Losangelesmr2

I already fixed it guys I checked the speed sensor it looked brand spankin new It was original though i love japanese cars in california they dont rust I resoldered the speedometer connections very simple to do you could see it was all brown around the solders and then I unbolted all the screws and scotch bright to all the holes and re screwed them and scotch bright the pin connections the holes that the connections go into actually i took a skinny screw driver and scraped off copper until it looked the even colored and i actually removed the speedometer itself from the speedometer unit i unbolted 4 bolts there was one with solder attached to it I remelted it and screwed them back the car works perfectly now if your cars speedometer works but you car doesnt get a speed to the ecu it is because of the speedometer big deal compared to the cost of a new speed sensor I am so appreciative that it worked. I dont have money to fix it I saved hundreds and went through all the guess work and tested everything basically

I am a problem solver always have been because Ive always been poor and I just graduated college I obtained my associates doesnt sound much but I did 3 years in 18 months accelerated course private college hard as f***

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”