J-48817 STG terminal sizes

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
justcus
Car: Maxima

Hi,
New to NICO

Does anyone have access to the J-48817-2 through J48817-7 STG (Spread Terminal Gauges)
I would like to find the dimensions of each. Tab thickness and width.
This is for a project I am working on and the tools are very expensive so I need to know the sizes in advance before I purchase the ones that I need.

Thanks

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

Any hint as to what model / year you are talking about? Your info is sadly lacking any data which is likely to result in any, even remotely, meanful response!

justcus
Car: Maxima

I am sorry! These are tools used to check female electrical terminals for looseness. They do not fit any specific year/model.
This question is directed to any Nissan Dealer Technician.
Thanks for your comment.

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

Replacement all Brass battery [betterthan the Chinese crap unknown composition grey replacements] clamps are usually for the narrower of the the two Anode/Cathode battery terminals. However, if you need the larger Terminal diameter, all dealers [even if say WTF] have a tool that stretches/increases the internal diameter of the aftermarket solid brass clamp to accomodate the [usually] positive terrminal diameter with resultant necessary hood clearance once you drop the hood on your nerw treasure. Sure as hell beats a direct short to the hood/bonnet when you slam the hood/bonnet on your new purchase!

Return to “Datsun Chat”